Livingston Academy at McMinn Central

swipper

The decision for Katie B to attend Central was common knowledge her seventh grade year before Joe Young ever taught or was thought about at Calhoun. It was not a decision against any coaching staff or faculty of McMinn, it was just her parents desire to have their child attend a smaller school vs a much larger one, a decision that has never been regretted.

As far as the refs, everything is always going to be subjective. I thought a couple of fouls against Katie B were incorrect, but as aggressive as she plays she had some that did not get whistled, so it usually evens out. I thought especially the lady ref was consistent, she appeared to call tighter than the two men, but I thought she especially did a good job.

I am proud of this group of girls that many have never give a chance for this year's success. I feel this is going to be a regular trip for Coach Morgan & Young for the next few years as basically this young team continues to improve.

Livingston A. is a great team. Number 10 (?) is fantastic. What a night she had bringing her team back into contention the last half. She basically took control of the momentum of the game. I hope she remembers the great things she did in the game, not the loss at the end.

Number 10 kept them in the game all by herself. In fact, she almost won the game for them.

I know Katie B's grandmother (her mom's mom). I am glad that Katie had a big night at her last game in the Roundhouse.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Maniac! She shot 100% from the 3 point and free throw line the first half. I am very proud of her. She had 42 family/close friends there last night cheering her on for the last night in that gym. 28 points is the highest she has ever scored too so that last night was special for her and family. :D:D:D

Are you one of her parents? Her sister?

Katie B did her self , family, school and team proud

The whole team did a fantastic job

The whole team is special to me especally Katie Hurn!!!!!!!!

Katie Morgan !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Mindy

Rayurn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is Katie's Meme

I felt if they gelled they could go far

They are the scrappiest players I have seen played this year

The freshman and the rest of the team played a big big part in winning

Kaylie Labert should be Ms Basketball by her senior year

GO FOR THE GOLD!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very happy parent just finishing making reservations for the Boro.

I am Todd. I know Jane from my days at Wal-Mart in the early nineties. I was also the Frito Lay rep for the Athens store from October 2001 until April 2005. I occasionally sit with her at the games.

I saw that you guys had a big entourage coming, so I sat behind the scorer's table last night. I gave the ref who called Katie's fifth foul the business because he knew she had five without even approaching the scorer's table.

I was really worried about the final outcome when Katie fouled out. Thankfully, Kylie got as hot as Katie had been.

I will see you guys at the final game if we make it that far. With my work, there is no way I can make it over there before that.

Livingston A. is a great team. Number 10 (?) is fantastic. What a night she had bringing her team back into contention the last half. She basically took control of the momentum of the game. I hope she remembers the great things she did in the game, not the loss at the end.

Ashley Matthews #10 did a heck of a job bringing them back. I know it was a heart breaker but you did all you could do. Keep your head up and work hard for next year. :D

Thanks for all the games of support MC Maniac!! I hope you will be able to see them again. I thought you may have moved over there because you knew some of us would probably be intense in the heat of the action. :P:lol:

I was able to look the refs in the eye from where I was sitting.

How excited was Jane? Will she be able to attend the tourney in Murfreesboro?