Greeneville vs. Powell- Updates

hogdrive74

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the way the Powell fans were talking on coachT I was expecting a little more. I wasn't very impressed with their team. No. 33 is about all they have. Lee Smith may be a fine football player, but he's obviously not a basketball player. I think he had 8 points. Powell was just too slow for Greeneville and their guard play was quite weak. And Powell had absolutely no post game as they were just too slow.

How about Antwaine Wiggins - 22 pts, 11 rb, 4 blocks, 6 assts and 4 steals. He was unstoppable by the Powell big men although he was giving up quite a bit of weight. The other big guy for Powell (McGaha ?) only played a couple of minutes because he was obviously overmatched and too slow.

In any event, go Devils. I hope the Powell faithful don't start claiming the game was unfair like in the other thread.

From the way the Powell fans were talking on coachT I was expecting a little more. I wasn't very impressed with their team. No. 33 is about all they have. Lee Smith may be a fine football player, but he's obviously not a basketball player. I think he had 8 points. Powell was just too slow for Greeneville and their guard play was quite weak. And Powell had absolutely no post game as they were just too slow.

How about Antwaine Wiggins - 22 pts, 11 rb, 4 blocks, 6 assts and 4 steals. He was unstoppable by the Powell big men although he was giving up quite a bit of weight. The other big guy for Powell (McGaha ?) only played a couple of minutes because he was obviously overmatched and too slow.

In any event, go Devils. I hope the Powell faithful don't start claiming the game was unfair like in the other thread.

yea whatever jerk.....just shows what you know. At least have enough class not to come on coacht and talk smack about the other team. Furthermore, hats off to the Powell Panthers on a long, hard-fought season.

To the Greeneville Devils, congratulations on the victory and best of luck in the state. Represent East TN well.

Edited by Ntheknow2

I felt that Powell had some athletes. The way Greeneville came out shooting the ball they looked like a deer in the headlights. It just seemed that they were not ready for what happened. Of course when a team does shoot that well it really sometimes gets in the other teams head a little. Greeneville got off to such a fast start that Powell just did not have anything for them tonight. Too many turnovers which some of were really unforced. #33 is a really good player and #52 the point guard was pretty decent. Lee Smith is big and can run but Wiggins took him away from the basket early and when the shot is falling it is tough for a big man to guard him. Good luck to the Greene Devils. Moore and Anderson had another fine outing this evening as well.