• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get the predictions started

Liberty-86

Haywood-83

Not even.

I'm sorry to say, this game is going to be at 10:30am... the Tomcats won't even be awake yet. Did you see last year's game against MLK? The Cats lost to a team that they should have gone triple digits on...

I'm not even going to predict a score, but unless Haywood goes to bed early... Liberty will win this one no contest.

If it was a 7:00 game I'd say it could go either way... but not at 10:30.

The Tomcats have been knocked out in the 1st round four times in the past five years...unless Coach V can get his kids to take Liberty seriously or to stop settling for just a long bus ride to the Boro and really want that Gold Ball...this year will be number 5.

This team has the potential to win the championship this year-- just as good a shot as Bolivar, Liberty, or Mitchell--but they won't go anywhere at Murphreesboro without really dedicating themselves. We saw what happened last year...it doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't use it. If we want to play early...we're gonna have to practice early. And we have to save the parties for the ride home.

I'm sorry to say it, but that's just the cold hard truth.

I don't think it will be that way this year. No matter what time it is both of these teams will be ready to play and I expect a good one. Jarvis Varnardo and Lee Liggins for Haywood are not ready to end their high school career yet. Neither is Brandon Evans, Bijon Jones, Zack Williams, and Jarvis Gill for Liberty. I hope you are right though, not anything bad towards Haywood but I want Liberty to win.

I don't think it will be that way this year. No matter what time it is both of these teams will be ready to play and I expect a good one. Jarvis Varnardo and Lee Liggins for Haywood are not ready to end their high school career yet. Neither is Brandon Evans, Bijon Jones, Zack Williams, and Jarvis Gill for Liberty. I hope you are right though, not anything bad towards Haywood but I want Liberty to win.

Jarvis and Lee aren't ready to end their high school careers yet, but they may have to face the music if they can't keep their team in check at the hotel...like last year.

Jarvis is ok..I think against liberty his wind is suspect .he did't score much either game if they want to put liberty on "Cruise control" they have a week to lay a plan.

We'll see how "ok" he is at the Murphy Center, I have a hunch he won't let Liberty get by so easily this time...unless you have seen him play his A game, it's easy to underestimate him. But that's okay, that could work to the Tomcats advantage. The Crusaders seem pretty confident going into this...

Given of course the Cats actually wake up... then again who's to say the boys from Jackson will either..?

Varnardo scored 32 against Liberty the first time. He is a great player and is, what i think, the best defensive stopper in the state

Yeah, his defense is definitely ridiculous.....in their last meeting, I think he had around 13 blocks or somethin. I think Liberty goin to have to be able to knock down some mid-range jumpers and get some fast break points to put up numbers on Haywood. I think Liberty is the better team, but Haywood is very very dangerous. If Varnado and Liggins both show up offensively, Haywood could do some serious damage. Hopefully Coach Williams can come up with a good game plan and get the guys ready to go.

I have never seen a high school boys team play as hard as Liberty does from the the first quarter until the fourth quarter. Very energetic and intense team. I don't think Haywood is strong enough at point guard to handle their pressure for four quarters. Haywood will make some mistakes midway through the third quarter and Liberty will take advantage. Liberty wins and advances. Go D-12.

I know one thing for a fact. It is extrememly hard for a team to go to Murfreesboro for the first time and win the whole thing. Even the best of teams seem to be a little tense when playing in the state tournament for the first time. We have some players on our team that have been there 2 or 3 times already. Something is to be said about this game experience. Every game that Liberty has won from the regional semi-finals to now puts them in unchartered territory. So dont think that the game will be easy for them to win by any means. I think it will be a dogfight. Varnado and Liggins will be going for the third year in a row. These guys want to be the ones to bring home the ball that this community wants. Comage is making his second trip and is playing well right now. The young guys: Taylor, Jones, and Greer are also well seasoned young guys. All of them played AAU basketball this summer and played in places such as Cameron Indoor and the Dean Dome. These guys are mature beyond their years and are hungry too. So we will just have to wait until the 16th to see what happens.

I know one thing for a fact. It is extrememly hard for a team to go to Murfreesboro for the first time and win the whole thing. Even the best of teams seem to be a little tense when playing in the state tournament for the first time. We have some players on our team that have been there 2 or 3 times already. Something is to be said about this game experience. Every game that Liberty has won from the regional semi-finals to now puts them in unchartered territory. So dont think that the game will be easy for them to win by any means. I think it will be a dogfight. Varnado and Liggins will be going for the third year in a row. These guys want to be the ones to bring home the ball that this community wants. Comage is making his second trip and is playing well right now. The young guys: Taylor, Jones, and Greer are also well seasoned young guys. All of them played AAU basketball this summer and played in places such as Cameron Indoor and the Dean Dome. These guys are mature beyond their years and are hungry too. So we will just have to wait until the 16th to see what happens.

I agree with everything you said. There is something to be said for game experience. And, who has the most game experience of any team in the state tourney this year? You said it. :rolleyes:

Guest catfish-hunter

Not even.

I'm sorry to say, this game is going to be at 10:30am... the Tomcats won't even be awake yet. Did you see last year's game against MLK? The Cats lost to a team that they should have gone triple digits on...

Really????? Last time I checked Bolivar was nowhere near "triple digits" when they played MLK the past two years. I'd like to see a team score "triple digits" against MLK. That will never happen as long as Shelton is coaching there. MLK's style of play prevents teams from racing up and down the floor against them.

As for the game I'm taking Liberty in what's going to be a shootout :thumb: