I think the championship games set a TSSAA record

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825984697' date='Mar 12 2006 - 12:25 AM']

I`m sure the TSSAA probably doesn`t keep this record, but the best I can tell the 3 championship games set a record for the lowest scoring output for the 3 title games. There was only 248 points combined by the six teams.

and thats including an extra period of overtime lol

Never have been a proponent of the shot clock for high school, but the last two games were snoozers! It looked like teams were playing not to lose rather than playing to win. The AAA game reminded me of an old Chuck Wepner boxing match, slow, plodding and boring. Neither team seemingly ran their offense consistently, I assume the defenses had something to do with it, plus you had two teams that play half-court sets. By the way, for my money, (And I think Tierney Jenkins is one of the sweetest girls around and a great player), Cameron Calhoun would have received my vote for MVP. She was the glue that held Wilson Central together and really the only guard they had to step up. Great job! Glad the Gold Ball stays in Wilson County and specifically District 9 where it belongs! :huh:

I think all the teams had trouble adjusting to the wide open spaces of MTSU as opposed to a high school gym that has the wall a few feet behind the backboard.

Girls I know that usually are consistent from the outside seemingly struggled .Tierney Jenkins would be an exception to that she shot well the two games I saw WC play.If someone has shooting percentages I think we will see low percentages for most of the state tourney teams. Some of the boys teams are practicing at college gyms to prepare for this . The girls didn't have much time for this.

Edited by givbakr2