class a state tourney is unfair

corona931

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think tssaa should quit looking at enrolment numbers and start lookink at average heights of players. Look at schools in 5aa and compare their size with other schools in AA and they dont compare. Watch what happens to the number 1 team in the state when they plal their second round game if they get to. Some schools have better size and athletes due to geographic location. Does anyone disagree that schools in Memphis have better athletes than schools in Englewood , Sequoyah, Polk, Tellico etc. and wonder why?

YOU ARE AN IDIOT! SIMPLE AS THAT!

Personally I think tssaa should quit looking at enrolment numbers and start lookink at average heights of players. Look at schools in 5aa and compare their size with other schools in AA and they dont compare. Watch what happens to the number 1 team in the state when they plal their second round game if they get to. Some schools have better size and athletes due to geographic location. Does anyone disagree that schools in Memphis have better athletes than schools in Englewood , Sequoyah, Polk, Tellico etc. and wonder why?

This is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard: "They should look at the average heights." Just quit griping. Tell them boys in East TN to grow some then. Yes, Memphis produces some of the best players in the country. It is probably one of the top 10 cities in the nation to play ball in. So you are saying that just because a team is really tall therefore they should play in a higher division. Height is not everything. Speed and shooting have a lot to do with it.

Yea, you are an idiot.

3 out of the past 4 years it has been east Tennessee teams that have won state and last year i think it was a middle tennessee team that won state. So, West rarely wins state in single A

Here are the Champions since 1998:

1998- Ezell Harding

1999- Moore County

2000- South Fulton

2001- Chattanoga Christian

2002- Temple

2003- Temple

2004- Unaka

2005- Middleton

From my calculations, over the last 8 years:

East : 4

Middle: 2

West: 2

Looks to me like no one has anything to be complaining about right now. If anything maybe they should expand basketball like they did football, but then again someone would complain. Let the boys play and quit whining please.

with over 10,000 people in both cities and both schools being in 1A, either there are about 45 different schools in those cities or both schools are so bad that no one wants to go there. i'm not being a jerk i'm just stating the obvious. wayne co has 3 schools in it (wayne co, collinwood, and clifton) and there are only about 10,000 in the whole county, and wc has pretty high enrollment numbers. other cities around wayne co like savannah and lawrence co are about the size of union city and are both AA or AAA. i'm not sure which one they are but i know they are both higher than 1A. it just doesn't make sense why they have such a small enrollment. if anyone has a reason, please share.

It doesn't have to make sense, and we(UC) don't need a reason for having a small enrollment. We are in A and you're going to have to deal with us or move out of our way.

P.S. Does anyone know why this clown is allowed to post on coacht? If anyone has a reason, please share.

Idiot

HRY ROCK...DON'T EVER LET ANYONE HEAR YOU SAY ANYTHING LIKE YOU JUST TYPED. YOU ARE BASICALLY SAYING CLASSIFY THE KIDS ON HOW BIG THEY ARE. UUHH. SOME KIDS GROW TALL SOME DON'T. AND NEVER WILL TSSAA DECIDE WHAT REGION OR DISTRICT SCHOOLS ARE IN BASED ON SIZE. BE FORREAL. IT WOULDN'T WORK EVER. MEMPHIS(I THINK) IS MORE COMPETETIVE THAN MOST AREAS MAYBE BECAUSE MORE SCHOOLS IN SURROUNDING AREAS. MEMPHIS SCHOOLS USE TO ,I DON'T KNOW IF THEY STILL DO, HAVE TO WIN CITY,DISTRICT, REGIONAL,SECTIONAL..BEFORE THEY GOT TO STATE...SO I THINK THEIR TRIP IS WELL EARNED.

Edited by Hoops1stLuv14

It doesn't have to make sense, and we(UC) don't need a reason for having a small enrollment. We are in A and you're going to have to deal with us or move out of our way.

P.S. Does anyone know why this clown is allowed to post on coacht? If anyone has a reason, please share.

Idiot

man that was a great explanation.

i have made over 400 posts on coacht in the past, and several of them had been disagreed with. but for the most part, unless i am just making a bias statement, most people understand where i am coming from and agree with me to a certain extent. i would imagine someone with your great knowledge could see my point but i guess not. i mean most areas with that large of a population are at least 3A but uc is in 1A. that totally makes sense. there has to be a reason and i was just wondering why. you answer really cleared that one up for me, "in uc's case, it doesn't have to make sense and you don't need a reason." now i totally understand. to be honest, i haven't kept up with basketball all year and don't really care how anyone besides wayne co does. if west tn is better in basketball this year, i'm not going to lose any sleep over it. i'm not hating on uc nor am i jealous of them because we have not even played you all yet. i am only making a point that the numbers just don't make sense. if hitman13 is a representative of uc, then i now have a better understanding of why no one goes to that school.

get a clue......idiot