best places to play?

hhscatcher3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion has one of the best fields around. Mickey and Margaret do an excellent job keeping it in shape and it won't be long before they start work on the new baseball fieldhouse and indoor hitting facility. Should be nice when it's finished.

Sequatchie and Lookout Valley also have nice ballfields. There is nothing better than watching a good game in a beautiful ballpark.

I agree with you Mike. It may not have the nicest scoreboard or the prettiest landscaping around it but you can not beat the playing surface on Al Raffo Field @ Marion County. With the improvement planned over the next couple of years it will be one of if not the best around.

I agree with you Mike. It may not have the nicest scoreboard or the prettiest landscaping around it but you can not beat the playing surface on Al Raffo Field @ Marion County. With the improvement planned over the next couple of years it will be one of if not the best around.

I agree marion has 1 of the nicest fields around it is excellent shape and very nice

Sequatchie has, without a doubt, one of the nicest fields around. Nice Brick Press Box and Brick Stands. Beautiful cage and bullpen. Probably the most notable atrributes of this ball park is the scenery of the Sequatchie Valley and the mountains that surround it, which adds that good 'ole baseball feeling that can only be experienced in the south. They really upped the effort that went into maintaining the field, and even brought in a student that works for the lookouts groundscrew to maintain the field. As nice a field the Lookouts have, its easy to understand. They are even in contension to win TBCA's field of the year. If you haven't been there, please go. It's what make america's pastime a family experience. Don't take my word for it, look for yourself.

http://www.coacht.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?GalleryID=4606

The same man who made William Blount's field what it is today, has made Alcoa into, IMO, a little bit of a nicer field, (they just need lights), and that man is Doyle Holden, he's terrific!

I agree 100%!! He is great, and did another remarkable job on Alcoa's field.

Dyersburg has worked hard on their field and it is beautiful right now. Hard to find a better High School field that is maintained by the team instead of a park system.

I'd say it's hard to find fields that aren;t maintained by the team. Heck, The Siegel boys built theirs from the ground up, have we forgotten that this competeative, 10-6 team, that is picked by some to win one of the toughest districts around, practiced on a parking lot their entire season two seasons ago. Christian Brothers is Beautiful, and there is no park system. Oakland's is Beautiful, as well as Tullahomas, Cookevilles, and Columbia Central all have nice fields.

I have seen several area fields in middle Tennessee and as far as the actual field goes. I would have to say Mt. Juliet has the best playing area. 320, 360 & 320 are the outfield dimensions. The playing surface is in impeccable condition. The fan seating os OK behind the plate, but for the "hill sitters" it needs improvement. Oh,, as for the "hills sitters", we need at least one trash can...thank you for your time and attention. :thumb:

Edited by flngrvy

If u want a great view and a nice field, come to a Seymour night game...not another field in the state as nice as Seymour at night.

Pope John Paul II High School has a VERY nice field. After they get the press box, concession stand and lights and permanent seating its gonna be tough to have a better field than JPII. The grass is perfect infield and outfield!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta include South Doyle's home field in this discussion. Most visitors seem to enjoy the atmosphere, that is until they proceed to get their rear ends kicked by the Mighty Cherokees. Haha just kidding, but it really is quite the ballpark.

Actually South Doyles field stinks...dirt is real hard and has huge rocks in it and the outfield slopes extremely bad and the dugouts are bad and the atmosphere of the park is lame..the only good thing about S-D's place is the bleachers behind home plate..but whoever this is must go 2 SD cause this place is trash

Edited by shsbsbll33