Do you think Clinton has a chance of winning this year? Who would or c

baller1240

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey Taylor is a great coach.

He'll get as much as possible out of his kids.

I could not agree more. He is a great young coach that will work with the kids and try to make them good baseball players. He will also help the ones that have tallent to get hooked up with a college so they can continue their baseball career.

Casey, I havent talked to you in a long time but if you happen to read this I wish you the best of luck this year.

From the Dad Of A Dozer, you will figure it out!

Rebel9

I could not agree more. He is a great young coach that will work with the kids and try to make them good baseball players. He will also help the ones that have tallent to get hooked up with a college so they can continue their baseball career.

Casey, I havent talked to you in a long time but if you happen to read this I wish you the best of luck this year.

Rebel9

he is a great young coach, but he is really agressive and loves to steal alot of bases alot of the time! i just dont think Clinton has the athletes this year to compete with the Halls and Oak Ridges in thier district!

he is a great young coach, but he is really agressive and loves to steal alot of bases alot of the time! i just dont think Clinton has the athletes this year to compete with the Halls and Oak Ridges in thier district!

Last year at Cocke County - his team led the conference in stolen bases.

And Cocke County wasnt a great speed team last year, either - outside of a trio of kids.

Most was great situational moves, but then a couple of those aggressive moves would end the inning or be a rally killer at times.

His leadoff hitter (freshman, Nick Glenn) stole 36 bases. #2 hitter (junior, Lucas Graham) stole 29 and #3 hitter & CONF player of the year (senior, Jack Depew) swiped 39.

The left fielder, who was probably the slowest kid on the team stole 18. The catcher stole 17.

Also, baller - if you hear anything on the make-up date/time for today's rainout; do you care to post it here?

Rebel9

For a young coach, Casey does probably what could be considered above and beyond when it comes to this category.

I've seen that first hand.

And, when it comes to the media, he's always helpful as well. If we couldnt show up he was on the phone with us the next morning giving us a run-down of the game so we could give the kids some publicity; didnt matter if they won the game, or lost by 10.

I'm not sure when we are going to do the make-up game with Cocke County. I'm pretty sure that we will play it though because I'm sure Coach Taylor would like to see all of his old players.

We are definitely struggling right now, you can see our results on our home page. The problem we are having right now is hitting. Our team batting average is way lower than it should be, but we are working on it.

He does love to steal, and we do quite often when we get on base. The problem is getting on base. I'm a senior on the team, and I'm hoping we can turn it around and make it back to .500, and hopefully better. The winning percentage is important, but our district tournament is what it all comes down to.

Thanks for the support, hope to make-up the game soon.

I'm not sure when we are going to do the make-up game with Cocke County. I'm pretty sure that we will play it though because I'm sure Coach Taylor would like to see all of his old players.

We are definitely struggling right now, you can see our results on our home page. The problem we are having right now is hitting. Our team batting average is way lower than it should be, but we are working on it.

He does love to steal, and we do quite often when we get on base. The problem is getting on base. I'm a senior on the team, and I'm hoping we can turn it around and make it back to .500, and hopefully better. The winning percentage is important, but our district tournament is what it all comes down to.

Thanks for the support, hope to make-up the game soon.

You guys aggressive at the plate?

A knock one of his teams (2004) here, were they weren't aggressive at the plate. (Of course the team that had that knock was an awful 5-35)

You guys aggressive at the plate?

A knock one of his teams (2004) here, were they weren't aggressive at the plate. (Of course the team that had that knock was an awful 5-35)

Some of us are, some of us are not. We kind of have a high strike out percentage on the team as a whole, but we are making some contact early in the count. We are just hitting the ball right to the infielders or outfielders. Some of them are hard shots, others aren't. It's just frustrating us right now, but it's something that we are looking to fix so we can get out season back on track.

how many freshman does clinton have starting?

We really don't have any set positions for players. There is a lot of mixture and our line-up changes every game pretty much. Sometimes we will take the field with three freshman, sometimes we will start with none of them. Our team has a lot of depth, we are just trying to find the right group to go to work with on the field and win us some ball games.