IMAC

longfellow

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 2 weeks into the season Morristown West has established themselves as perhaps the favorite.

Jefferson County is a close second however, and could easily jump West.

Then we have a bar...

This section of the conference is for Greeneville and East. Both young teams. Questions on the mound in places. Questions in the order for both places.

However, if they hit their stride right, one or both of these could make noise or pull an upset or two in the postseason.

Then we have another bar

Battling for 5th and 6th are Cherokee and Cocke County.

Cherokee may be the better of the two this year as it appears as if Cocke County is not very good.

Cocke County has a decent order; but they have very little in the way of pitching and defense. Not a very fundamentally sound squad.

I have no idea on Cherokee, but I think they could be in 5th just by default.

Jefferson County should return to its throne Monday April 3rd as it faces off against Mo. West. The Trojans came away with the win in Round 1 vs. the Pats in a very sloppy effort by the latter. West took advantage of some costly miscues by JC, scrapping their way to a 6-1 victory. West is a relentless, well-coached bunch, but JC has too much talent and should win this rivalry 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Jefferson County should return to its throne Monday April 3rd as it faces off against Mo. West. The Trojans came away with the win in Round 1 vs. the Pats in a very sloppy effort by the latter. West took advantage of some costly miscues by JC, scrapping their way to a 6-1 victory. West is a relentless, well-coached bunch, but JC has too much talent and should win this rivalry 8 or 9 times out of 10.

8 or 9 times out of 10 and they got beat 6-1, wow what are you smoking. my money is on west.

8 or 9 times out of 10 and they got beat 6-1, wow what are you smoking. my money is on west.

Let's see--West's victory was the championship game of a tournament that means nothing to conference standings. It was the fifth game of the week which means using a starter who won't start that much during the year, especially against West in a conference game. It was also on West's home field as the second half of a double header. Besides, the sun was in our eyes, we had a rock in our shoe, and West is just mean!! Seriously, like scrimmage games, I would not put a lot of stock in this victory--but if West would like, they can. That will just make it all the more satisfying when they watch several 90 mph fast balls go past without even reacting.

I was at the game and was amazed that west had the qaulity of pitcher they did after playing 4 games that week. Jeff co WILL win when they face west and story is on the mound. Other than that i like west. I think west puts a lot of pressure on jeff county with their great discipline and good coaching. They do the little things that it takes to when big games. Dont get me wrong jeff is a good team but i feel like good hitting teams can hit anyone except story

Jefferson County rolled over a sub-par Clinton team tonight 11-1 in six innings. The Patriot offense has been deadly, putting up 90 runs in 9 games. For all the mathematically challenged, thats 10 runs a game ( go ahead and use your fingers Cocke Co.). Sure you can argue that we've played a fairly weak schedule so far, but we've done exactly as a good team should with our opponents, finish the games in under seven innings. As for you disillusioned posters so steadfast on choosing West to defeat Jeff Co., it'll be a sad day for you come monday. The Pats will have Story on the mound and the Trojans will have no clue what just blew past them. I promise you Jeff. Co. is pumped about this game and will come out swinging. West had better bring the best they have if they want to play a full game. I can't wait!

Jefferson County rolled over a sub-par Clinton team tonight 11-1 in six innings. The Patriot offense has been deadly, putting up 90 runs in 9 games. For all the mathematically challenged, thats 10 runs a game ( go ahead and use your fingers Cocke Co.). Sure you can argue that we've played a fairly weak schedule so far, but we've done exactly as a good team should with our opponents, finish the games in under seven innings. As for you disillusioned posters so steadfast on choosing West to defeat Jeff Co., it'll be a sad day for you come monday. The Pats will have Story on the mound and the Trojans will have no clue what just blew past them. I promise you Jeff. Co. is pumped about this game and will come out swinging. West had better bring the best they have if they want to play a full game. I can't wait!

Yes Jeff Co has scored 90 runs in 9 games but i think they only scored 1 run against wets on their previous meeting. I am not sure but i dont believe he was even one of their top three pitchers. Yes i think jeff should win with story on the hill but anything could happen .... look at 2004 when west had UNC's Matt Spencer on the hill. Jeff co took game one 1-0 and then got beat in game 2 with BRIDGEWATER on the mound. I think it will be a great day for baseball and dont forget about jeff not having their SS for this game. Dont count West out quite yet

True Jeff only put up one run against west in the tournament earlier this year, but that west had better not bank on that same result for the second game on monday. Jeff will put up some runs despite who pitches for west. We lost our rotating starting ss, who also starts at third base. We will solid at short for the west game the question is at third, and we lost our leading hitter for the game. Defense and offense will be fine though.