pitchers to watch

bLiNg bLiNg

I think the odds of Riverdale getting to the state tourney are alot better than Centennial's. Centennial has a very good team, loaded with senior leadership, but until they find a way to score, I'm not counting them in right now. They are having a hard time scoring on very average teams.

Possibly. I may be wrong but doesn't Riverdale have to beat Soddy to make it to the state and Centennial, if they get out of the district, will have to beat either Hville, Mt Juliet, Beech or Wilson Central. If so I'm not so sure Riverdale has the easiest path. As far as Centennial's scoring, they don't have a great hitting team by any stretch of the imagination, but keep in mind that their #4 and #5 hitters who are also their 2nd and 3rd basement haven't played the past few games, including the Riverdale game and the Overton game you mentioned. Take those 2 hitters out of any lineup and you'll struggle to score against decent pitchers. The only 3 teams they have had a hard time scoring on this season are Brentwood 1-0, Riverdale 2-1 and Robertstdale AL(#4 team in Alabama 6A) 1-0. Who does score against these teams? The only other team to hold them for under 3 runs is Columbia Aca who has a pretty good pitcher themselves.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly. I may be wrong but doesn't Riverdale have to beat Soddy to make it to the state and Centennial, if they get out of the district, will have to beat either Hville, Mt Juliet, Beech or Wilson Central. If so I'm not so sure Riverdale has the easiest path. As far as Centennial's scoring, they don't have a great hitting team by any stretch of the imagination, but keep in mind that their #4 and #5 hitters who are also their 2nd and 3rd basement haven't played the past few games, including the Riverdale game and the Overton game you mentioned. Take those 2 hitters out of any lineup and you'll struggle to score against decent pitchers. The only 3 teams they have had a hard time scoring on this season are Brentwood 1-0, Riverdale 2-1 and Robertstdale AL(#4 team in Alabama 6A) 1-0. Who does score against these teams? The only other team to hold them for under 3 runs is Columbia Aca who has a pretty good pitcher themselves.

Thats just it..Centennial getting out of the district is alot tougher than riverdale getting out of their district, since they have won like 47 straight district games. and if Centennial gets to go to sectionals, those 4 teams you mentioned are all tough. No, Riverdale doesnt necessarily have to play Soddy to get to state. As long as they both win all the way thru, they wont play each other in sectionals

Edited by Bleacherbum

and as far as those 3-4 teams you mentioned that Centennial had a hard time scorign against, those happen to be the only other difficult teams they have played....scoring 15 runs or more against hillwood and hillsboro doesnt achieve much

why are you guys arguing so much on a freaking web site? Riverdale is good. Centinnel (sp) could be good (haven't given a fair look)... but it does not matter what they are doing. May is all that matters!!! Who cares if you played a game with JV players, or varsity.. The games right now are nothing but practice to get the REAL teams ready for May... So who cares what happens right now, because when it comes down to it, any team can beat whoever they want, on any given day! And that's the truth.

Hannah Colyer from Midway is a great pitcher! She is only a freshman and has alot of potential for the next couple of years. One girl I would also like for people to know about is Taylor Narramore, she is only in 7th grade but also shows alot of potential like Colyer. They are really good friends and I know how competitive it will be when Narramore is a Freshman and Colyer is a Junior. Colyer will have more experience in HS ball than Narramore but I know that they will both be great!