Shelbyville Super Regional and Sub-State

my child plays for the tennessee express and I also keep a set of books for each game. In the charles davis game, our team had 9 team fouls. in our first game with shelbyville sports shop who could have received home cooking , but did not the tn express had 10 team fouls, In our 2nd game vs. memphis elite tn express had 7 team fouls. in our third game against the storm who we lost to we had 11 team fouls and in our 4th game against the southern statrz we had 5 team fouls in our ffifth game vs. louisville jauguars we had 7 team fouls and in the charles davis game # 6 we had 9 team fouls and in our last game against the storm who we lost to for a 2ns time we had 9 team fouls. there were no games where we did not have any fouls. Our starting 5 girls have been playing together for 4 years and try very hard not to foul, they have not been taught to play wild basketball, but have been taught to play controlled basketball and have been taught to play their positions very well to stay out of foul trouble. My daughter had 4 fouls in one of the games, so please stop undermining their success as a team by saying they receive special treatment. As far as the Charles Davis team goes we have beat them at least 3 times (twicce last year & once this year) I guess they can't get past that and want to blame some one for their loss instead of saying the express played a better game than they did and won. I have nothing personal against any team or coach, but when we lose games such as the 2 we lost to the storm we do not go and cry foul play we were cheated out of a win, the simple truth is we lost they had a beter game and won fair & square. The storm is a great team and has a great coach, I do not feel that any team last weekend in 11U received home cooking or special treatment. I think the teams that played well came out on top.

I am very dissapointed that adults would get on this site and attempt to undermine a childs basketball team in this way. There was alot of rough play in this the 11u division and yes the charles davis team in my opinion plays uncontrolled basketball which leads to fouls, but I as a parent would never personally attack someones team by saying the things that have been said on this site. I hope we can all be adults from now on. !!!!!!

Can you tell me what the margin was for the game(s) you played against CDF- Fever? Thank you!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were beat by the outside shooters. They made at least three 3- point shots in each game. # 10 is a good ball handler and The other 2 key players were # 33 who is a great reboinder & # 34 who shoots from outside , but # 33 can shoot from inside , but we did not allow that so she shot from outside. hope that helps. They were a well coached team also and that always helps. good luck to you !

Thanks for the info. We have to make it through a couple of games and so does the Storm in order for us to meet. Of course, we parents are always optomistic!

Can we please stop beating a dead horse and get off the Officials and the Express and move on to something useful.....like.....does anyone such as 'ptgaurd12' have scouting reports or predictions for this weekend's 11u Sub-State?

Good luck!

To all the young ladies that is playing in the Sub-State this week-end. What happen last week-end is over and in the past. Now lets move to the future.

QUOTE(jackass @ Apr 3 2006 - 08:27 AM)

memphis elite lost their two best players to the FCA lady eagles.

the lady trotters disbanded after their first tourney.

top guns are basically the same team from last year (great guard play, nothing down low)

cdf- running wild-street ball bunch, better wear your protective gear

ladies- took a beating in the xtreme tourney from several teams

express-beat us last year in SRT by one-no excuses but they shot 34 free throws to 0 for us ???? how do you play 10u game without any free throw attempts.

when did the lady trotters dis-band? GOSH nobody ever tells me anything.......

now they did split this year the 11's and the still 10s'....bbbbbbbbbut thats all folks

:thumb: What exactly does your response mean?? :D

Edited by jackass