Catholic will take state

italian stallion01

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cathoilc will take district and state....any thoughts...no...cause catholic will take it

It's good to be confident. You guys are a GREAT team. Good luck, and hope to see you again a few more times. If this is the keeper (which I think it is) where are you going to play in college?

It's good to be confident. You guys are a GREAT team. Good luck, and hope to see you again a few more times. If this is the keeper (which I think it is) where are you going to play in college?

yea it is..i dunno ive had alot of diff. offers. wake forest, northwestern, couple d2 schools im not sure yet. but im only a sophomore so ill prob get more. i played on b tarrs club team. im best friends with him. ive known him since he came to america. it was sad tsee him go i havent seen hime in like 2 months now. i hardly ever talk to him cause hes always busy

Edited by italian stallion01

yea it is..i dunno ive had alot of diff. offers. wake forest, northwestern, couple d2 schools im not sure yet. but im only a sophomore so ill prob get more. i played on b tarrs club team. im best friends with him. ive known him since he came to america. it was sad tsee him go i havent seen hime in like 2 months now. i hardly ever talk to him cause hes always busy

I talk to him about once a week. I'll tell him you said hello. He just got back from Argentina, and he said it went very well. He's getting ready to go to England to play against Man U, Arsenal, etc. u-17 teams, then on to Ireland.

Good luck this week in your games. You are a great keeper. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress in college selection. Keep us posted.

Based upon Catholic's past success winning state championships in anything, I'll bet against it.

Lol, well Catholic is actually pretty good. CAK and Catholic will probably battle it out during district and there after. That is if there are no surprise teams from the same district, which happen every year. :rolleyes:

I have a few comments to say about this thread. First and foremost, I am wondering how Wake Forrest is already allowed to contact a sophmore seeing as how NCAA restrictions are so tight. Second, to whoever made the comment on Catholic's past success, you obviously don't realize Catholic was in D2 and not A/AA with CAK. In fact, Catholic actually beat CAK in several of their championship seasons. After watching last night's game with both teams I'm not overly impressed with either at this stage. I've seen Catholic earlier this year and they played much better then than last night. If they can get back to that form and their short keeper doesn't try and make everyone else in the state mad with posts on here they will have a great shot. Good luck Irish, I'll be keeping up with you this year. CAK you still have a great team as well.

I have a few comments to say about this thread. First and foremost, I am wondering how Wake Forrest is already allowed to contact a sophmore seeing as how NCAA restrictions are so tight. Second, to whoever made the comment on Catholic's past success, you obviously don't realize Catholic was in D2 and not A/AA with CAK. In fact, Catholic actually beat CAK in several of their championship seasons. After watching last night's game with both teams I'm not overly impressed with either at this stage. I've seen Catholic earlier this year and they played much better then than last night. If they can get back to that form and their short keeper doesn't try and make everyone else in the state mad with posts on here they will have a great shot. Good luck Irish, I'll be keeping up with you this year. CAK you still have a great team as well.

well mr. know it all, colleges can send you mail and info on their college as a sophomore, just not personal stuff like phone calls or that kinda thing. so i'm sure thats what my buddy joey meant, oh and in fact we beat Catholic last year in case you forgot. and joey was just saying that he thought catholic was going to win state this year....i don't really see whats wrong with that but ok. as far as you joey, sorry bro i'll call you sometime. i miss you kiddo

Based upon Catholic's past success winning state championships in anything, I'll bet against it.

Harsh, my friend, but you are unfortunately correct. Nevertheless, there's always a first time and the talent is there to do it this year.

No offense to Catholic's talented young keeper (you are playing quite well), but I really question the wisdom of talking about it on CoachT. From my perspective, the Irish have a lot to prove given their last two results. What happened to the hard working side that came out of pre-season with shut-out wins over Farragut, Bearden, LC and Science Hill? Maybe there's too much thinking about how good they are supposed to be and not enough focus on aggressively taking care of business on the field. There sure seemed to be a lot of ball watching and jogging at CAK on Friday.

Catholic soccer advanced to the State Tournament every year since 2001. No other team in Knoxville (and very few in the state) can equal that streak. If this team wants to make noise in a 6th straight state tournament, their hearts are going to have to match their talent every time out. We'll see. :blink:

Edited by hoya75

In fact, Catholic actually beat CAK in several of their championship seasons. After watching last night's game with both teams I'm not overly impressed with either at this stage. I've seen Catholic earlier this year and they played much better then than last night.

I just have a few comments. Although CAK has won 3 state championships which is alot, it is far from several so Catholic could not have beaten CAK in several of their state championship years. In those three years, CAK beat Catholic in two of them, both of those games at Catholic. These are both quality teams, year in and year out, so these games always come down to who makes the big play. Also, a reason why you may not have been impressed by either team was because they are both great teams. It is really hard to look impressive against a great team. Still, I thought it was a tense game that swung back and forth all night. Hopefully, there will be plenty of rematches this year.

Hey we beat Catholic! Not to mention we got shafted me senior year. I think you know what I mean IrishLegacy. But I agree with you. Who is this kid that gets looks from Wake Forest as a sophomore and I've never heard of him? Hmmm Nonetheless, good luck to Catholic and CAK and hopefully you should meet a few more times.