baylor tennis or Mccallie tennis?

soccer10

not really for what i hear from the mccallie guys is that the Zimbabwean guy was having a really bad week when he played against Tadd and the Zimbabwean kid did beat Hatcher in the GPS open 6-1; 6-1. The Zimbabwean kid played really well this weekend. He even gave Bo a match. David Parks and Reid Walling played some good doubles this weekend. Reid is much better in doubles then in singles and the thing i like about him, unlike the top 3 players for Webb, is that he behaves very well on the court. No throwing raquets or name calling.

There is no excuse for our #1 losing to Tariq, but I will say that Taylor wanted to lose that match. He won the first set and saw that David and Reid lost their doubles... said that he realized that he would be the only guy at state and he would have to make up his exams and he tanked. There is no excuse for that... Tariq won the match, but that was not the best effort from Taylor. There is no way that he would ever lose to Tariq 0 and 0 in two sets. In a tournament I would take Taylor anyday, but Tariq won the match and my hat is off to him for that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i hear about this Tariq guy i that he is really actually very good but hasnt adapted yet. i heard that he has played alot on clay and has not really adjusted to hard courts yet. im pretty sure he was ranked in the top 300 juniors in the world a few years back and then got really injured himself seriously so he was out for almost the whole of last year. im not sure on the reliability of this but he seems like an honest kid and im going to take his word for it because i have seen him play amazing tennis at times. i would deffinitely take him over taylor anyday because after seeing him play this weekend he was absolutely far better than taylor. In his match with Bo he had some chances and forced Bo to really play well.

he has lost to our Julian 3 times but each time the matches have been really close.

There is no excuse for our #1 losing to Tariq, but I will say that Taylor wanted to lose that match. He won the first set and saw that David and Reid lost their doubles... said that he realized that he would be the only guy at state and he would have to make up his exams and he tanked. There is no excuse for that... Tariq won the match, but that was not the best effort from Taylor. There is no way that he would ever lose to Tariq 0 and 0 in two sets. In a tournament I would take Taylor anyday, but Tariq won the match and my hat is off to him for that.

lol why would you tank after winning the first set? i can see tanking it if u lost the first set but i doubt he just quit his chances of going to state just because he would've been a little lonely or had to take a few tests

lol why would you tank after winning the first set? i can see tanking it if u lost the first set but i doubt he just quit his chances of going to state just because he would've been a little lonely or had to take a few tests

I would have done the same thing though, I would be terrible to make up Final Exams. :thumb:

todd i know who you are stop talking and just play man...it ain't cool everyone thinks baylor can win just prove them wrong...

next week will be a battle..whoever shows up..gets the draw...and plays well will win enough said

[/quote

godawgsblue i havent seen ya on here in a while.... i gotta ask u a honest question tho lets say all of baylors and all of mccallies players were healthy and were playing at the top of their game who would win...my opinion is when seal plays his best he can destroy ramsey...onken is better the ishmail bc hes proved and then kane is better then wes..orlando is better than pare and at 5 and 6 yall are better

From what i hear about this Tariq guy i that he is really actually very good but hasnt adapted yet. i heard that he has played alot on clay and has not really adjusted to hard courts yet. im pretty sure he was ranked in the top 300 juniors in the world a few years back and then got really injured himself seriously so he was out for almost the whole of last year. im not sure on the reliability of this but he seems like an honest kid and im going to take his word for it because i have seen him play amazing tennis at times. i would deffinitely take him over taylor anyday because after seeing him play this weekend he was absolutely far better than taylor. In his match with Bo he had some chances and forced Bo to really play well.

he has lost to our Julian 3 times but each time the matches have been really close.

I don't doubt that he used to playe a lot on clay, but if you can't adjust to hardcourts in 7 months of playing on nothing but hardcourts then you have issues. As for the top 300 juniors in the world, I don't buy that... He is even top 20 players in all of Tennessee. Also, the second and third times that he played Julian were not close matches. The first one was very close... I think 7-6 in the third but the others weren't. He is good, but not that good.

Guest Cutters Crazies

okay shims....You wanna go play on red clay for 7 months and then answer that? Several years compared to 7 months? He wouldn't have issues if he hasn't adjusted...Pro players have months to transition from clay to hard but the spaniards and south americans don't do it very well do they?