Dist 4 AA,Reg. 2

kobayashi

well tonights game was cancelled due to rain. im not sure when it will be made up, but it is sure to be a good game. the district is very tight this year with the addition of catholic and cak. my predictions are as follows:

1. Loudon

2. Anderson County

3. Catholic

4. CAK

5. Kingston

6. Scott

The main reason i have put Loudon at 1 is they always pick up the slack during tourney time. comments to this are welcome.

Tonights game rained out.Well I guess ol Loudon is gonna get a double dose of the nasty lefty now. This should be a great game. CAK continues to play a tough non conference schedule and I believe its paying off.

Continues to play a tough non conference schedule? Granted you lost to Webb 10- 8, which is a quality team. You lost to Alcoa 8-2 which is around .500 (the coacht schedule is not accurate). You lost to a Knox West team which is down this year. The rest of your non conference schedule is Sweetwater, Rockwood, Alcoa, Grace Christian, and Union Co. if I am not mistaken. This is NOT a strong non conference schedule. Kolinsky is a very good pitcher and you have a shot when he is on the mound. But please, win another big game before you talk about being ranked. (you do have a losing record so there is no way you would be ranked unless you make it to the state tournament).

This has always been a competitive district. I think losing LC to AAA is a wash, even though they would have been down this year even in AA. Replacing Oliver Springs makes it tougher. I'm not cracking on OS, it's just that CAK and Catholic will be more competitive in this district.

That said, Loudon has been the dominant program. I think the only year in a long while that they didn't finish in the top two of the tourney was, ironicallly, the year they went undefeated in the district in the regular season.

Since they are well-coached and have that tradition, I think you have to look for them to be dangerous in the tournament. However, it's worth remembering that LC finished fourth in the regular season in '03 and '04 but won the tourney in '03 and finished second in '04. Also, in both of those years LC beat OS in the play-in round on walk-off homers, once in an extra inning, so the tourney can be real tight. Those teams this year that finish in the top 2 have an advantage but it isn't insurmountable.

For a team trying to win from the play-in round, the depth of the pitching will be very important--maybe more important than how good the first 2 guys on the staff are. That is, unless a team catches a break by having a rain interruption so that they can get a lot of innings out of their ace--as LC did in '03.

Where is the tourney being played?