Halls vs Ooltewah in the Trojan Classic

StriperGuy24

Halls led the whole game with I think number 27 on the mound for most of the game for them. In the 3rd Lance Cambell hit a 3run homer to take a 3-1 lead. Halls made 3 errors that game them 3 runs. Top 7, lucas hits chopper to 3rd base. Makes an arrant throw, Burke come to back up and throws to 2nd. The field ump calls him safe. Ooltewah's coach come out to get a call. lol and the homeplate ump only explanation on the play is that he overturned the call from HOMEPLATE on a play to second. I know I umpire and you do not due that especially on a call with two good teams playing in the top of the 7th in a 5-4 game. Bottom line Halls should of won that game and I cant sit here and say that we would tied the game up, but I feel pretty confident with him standing on 2nd with no outs and our hottest hitter coming up that something good was going to happen. They brought, im guessing Howard to close it out. Ooltewah has a good team. Burke is a player, good luck to him. Halls Soph Gary Cooper pitched the best game of the season for him. I think they only had 6 legit hits. Burkes ball to center should of been caught. Owell It was an exciting game just too bad the umpires had to make a gutless call like that to totally take us out of that game

Halls led the whole game with I think number 27 on the mound for most of the game for them. In the 3rd Lance Cambell hit a 3run homer to take a 3-1 lead. Halls made 3 errors that game them 3 runs. Top 7, lucas hits chopper to 3rd base. Makes an arrant throw, Burke come to back up and throws to 2nd. The field ump calls him safe. Ooltewah's coach come out to get a call. lol and the homeplate ump only explanation on the play is that he overturned the call from HOMEPLATE on a play to second. I know I umpire and you do not due that especially on a call with two good teams playing in the top of the 7th in a 5-4 game. Bottom line Halls should of won that game and I cant sit here and say that we would tied the game up, but I feel pretty confident with him standing on 2nd with no outs and our hottest hitter coming up that something good was going to happen. They brought, im guessing Howard to close it out. Ooltewah has a good team. Burke is a player, good luck to him. Halls Soph Gary Cooper pitched the best game of the season for him. I think they only had 6 legit hits. Burkes ball to center should of been caught. Owell It was an exciting game just too bad the umpires had to make a gutless call like that to totally take us out of that game

our guys were waiting to play after you guys so i saw the play.

i do agree that it was unusual to see the homeplate ump asked for help on a tag play at 2nd. because of the nature of the play at 1st, the field ump was out of position to make the call at 2nd. a coach does have the right to ask for help in that situation i believe.

that being said i am not sure i agree with the call but the home plate ump did have alot better look than the field ump did.

I saw the play also. The homeplate umpire was where he was supposed to be in a situation like this, he was nearly at the mound not behind the plate. His partner asked for his help and he gave him what he saw. Should he have not spoken up when asked by his partner? I don't think so. This is just another case where 3-man crews are needed in HS baseball.

As a side note, Halls needs to get control of their parents/fans. Without a doubt, one of the most shameful displays by fans I have ever seen. And before the excuses start, there is absolutely no situation where their type of behaivor is acceptable, NONE!