Marshall Co. 12, Page 2 - WP Kevin Shorey

PageMan

Page................1..0..0...0..1.....2...5..3

Marshall Co......0..2..5...5..X.....12..9..1

There will be no further details from me.

Let someone from Marshall Co. get on here and brag about it.

No bragging Pageman...it was just our night.

This district is a tossup and as the old saying goes, on

any given day any of these teams can beat anybody.

District tourney should be a good one. Stay out of

the loser's bracket Tigers !!

Now Pageman, how about one of your thorough, splendid

reports. It ain't CoachT if Pageman ain't talking.

I'll put something up later, tigerman. I'm going to do the spreadsheet first to make sure I have everything correct about RBI's, earned runs, errors, etc.

Cowboys Up, according to Marshall Co. Coach Joe George, the district coaches' meeting will be Wed with the play-in game Thursday. Page and Giles still have one more regular season game on Monday which will be Senior Night at Page. Since both teams are currently tied at 4-5, this will game will break that tie. Since Spring Hill won over Giles last night, they finished the season at 5-5. If Page wins over Giles on Monday, they would have the advantage over Spring Hill since they won both head-to-head games. I'll have to look up what the scenario is if Giles wins.

The mental attitude for Page is not good. Losing to Marshall Co. was bad, but losing on the ten run rule is really depressing. In one game we went from having a chance to finish 2nd to now having to battle to keep from finishing 5th. I hope that the team can win against Eagleville today at Eagleville, get some rest over the weekend, and get the Senior Night win on Monday. By the time Thursday gets here, the team will be well rested and ready to make the charge in the district tournament.

Well, knofler, you wouldn't have been impressed with Page last night either. As to what has happened this season on the whole, it's been a combination of several factors: 1) lack of consistent hitting except for Cory Herald, 2) too many errors at crutial points during the games, 3) pitching that has put too many runners on base, and 4) a schedule that had too many games.

Here is a brief report on last night's game with Marshall Co. to satisfy tigerman.

Marshall Co. batted 409 as a team compared to Page's 250 with MC's Kevin Shorey, Judd Stolz, and Justin Mcqueen getting doubles.

Page gave Marshall 11 "free passes" - 7 walks, 1 hit batter, 3 reached on error

Page only got 3 "free passes" - 2 walks, 1 ROE

Page gave Marshall 6 unearned runs based on 2 throwing errors and 1 fielding errors at crutial points in the 3rd and 4th innings.

Leading RBI Producers:

Page: Cory Herald had 2 with sac fly in the 1st and a single in the 5th

Marshall Co.:

Kevin Shorey had 3 with a double in the 4th

Zach Cross had 3 with single in the 3rd and a ground out in the 4th

Brad Barnes had 2 with a single in the 2nd

Well, knofler, you wouldn't have been impressed with Page last night either. As to what has happened this season on the whole, it's been a combination of several factors: 1) lack of consistent hitting except for Cory Herald, 2) too many errors at crutial points during the games, 3) pitching that has put too many runners on base, and 4) a schedule that had too many games.

Here is a brief report on last night's game with Marshall Co. to satisfy tigerman.

Marshall Co. batted 409 as a team compared to Page's 250 with MC's Kevin Shorey, Judd Stolz, and Justin Mcqueen getting doubles.

Page gave Marshall 11 "free passes" - 7 walks, 1 hit batter, 3 reached on error

Page only got 3 "free passes" - 2 walks, 1 ROE

Page gave Marshall 6 unearned runs based on 2 throwing errors and 1 fielding errors at crutial points in the 3rd and 4th innings.

Leading RBI Producers:

Page: Cory Herald had 2 with sac fly in the 1st and a single in the 5th

Marshall Co.:

Kevin Shorey had 3 with a double in the 4th

Zach Cross had 3 with single in the 3rd and a ground out in the 4th

Brad Barnes had 2 with a single in the 2nd

Thanks Pageman. I'm satisfied !!

You're welcome, tigerman. There may be a revision in the line score involving errors for Page and hits for Marshall Co. as a question has come up concerning how I scored a play. Although there appeared to be a misplay at 1st, the batter for MC may have beaten the throw anyway. I will check with Coach Hollingsworth on Monday to see what he thinks.