FARRAGUT, oldschool

dcprimus

So I was sitting at my computer and thinking about my days on the boys soccer team at Farragut. I was also pondering how the boys were looking this year. I graduated in 2003 and was a part of (what I see as) the most crucial Farragut soccer season ever. Right now I am no longer playing, and I am about to graduate from my college: so please, anyone explain the following:

-Back then we had a 'death squad,' does that still exist?

-Who are some of the top goal scorers; and even more importantly, who are the kick butt defenders that are holding the team up?

-Will someone PLEASE make sure and post the tournament schedule so that I might come down and see a game (a good one hopefully).

-Which teams give Farragut a good run for their money? Bearden anymore?

Dustin Crouse

2003 Admiral (#5)

Hey, I don't play for Farragut but I know some stuff about them after watching them play several times. I think I remember watching you play some and I know I have heard your name mentioned by Mr. Backstrom sometime. Anyways, I haven't seen the death squad this year yet. I don't know about the stats, but Ben Backstrom and Jake Russell are two great players that are juniors that are always a scoring threat. The sweeper, Nick P. (I can't spell his last name) has played very well from what I've seen and the keeper is very good too. Farragut beat Bearden strongly (3-1), but the rivalry is always there. Science Hill is also a good team this year that could give Farragut a run for its money if they meet again in the tournament. Hope this helps a little.

So I was sitting at my computer and thinking about my days on the boys soccer team at Farragut. I was also pondering how the boys were looking this year. I graduated in 2003 and was a part of (what I see as) the most crucial Farragut soccer season ever. Right now I am no longer playing, and I am about to graduate from my college: so please, anyone explain the following:

-Back then we had a 'death squad,' does that still exist?

-Who are some of the top goal scorers; and even more importantly, who are the kick butt defenders that are holding the team up?

-Will someone PLEASE make sure and post the tournament schedule so that I might come down and see a game (a good one hopefully).

-Which teams give Farragut a good run for their money? Bearden anymore?

Dustin Crouse

2003 Admiral (#5)

hey yeah i play for farragut. Im a junior and play center mid but to answer some of your questions...

1. yeah the death squad is not there anymore. it was last year some but this year it was never really even mentioned.

2. The top goal scorer is Jake Russell but i think you know ben backstrom or atleast his older brother, he is second and also has the most assists i think. BOth who are juniors. Nic Paolucci is the sweeper, also a junior, who is really good and has amazing speed. The threee in front of him are 3 solid guys. 1 being Joesph Muth, a sophmore who not to mention is the third leading goal scorer, he is great in the air. Then another junior ( Mitchell Ismail) and a captain Ben Lawson. But the future for our team and defense looks pretty good.

3. The state tournament is not posted yet. we are going to have to play good soccer to get there which we definately can it is just we have been slacking a little. If you are interested in the district or regionals though i can do that.

4. And there are alot of teams that give us good games. you can see our schdule at eurosportscoreboard.com. But bearden is solid but we took care of business and got a 3-1 win. anymore quesitons, ill be glad to answer

We want to bring the tradtion back that you all left us and are going to try this year. As of now we start... 3 seniors, 7 juniors, and 1 sophmore. I like are chances not only this year but next year.

Kevin Underwood #11