TN Tarheels

Memphis YOMCA

Pool B

Memphis Tigers

TN Travelers

TN Tigers

Memphis Stallions 13u

*Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

With the Tigers being the best team in the state and Top 3 in the Nation, its hard for me to believe they lost a game in the substate. Does anyone have any predictions?

You probably have to go with both Memphis teams but I like the Thrashers athletic ability. I love how physical the Flames are and the Travelers have combined size and quickness to compete at a high level.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very competitive group of eight. Last year's tournament had 5 middle TN teams, two from the west and one from the east. This year it is 4 from middle, 3 from west and one from the east. Should be a solid weekend of basketball.

Anybody know anything on the Stallions? Who all did they play in the sub-state and what was the championship game score? I assume that they also qualified for the 13U State. It should make a great tournament there too with them and the TN Bearcats.

What happened to the Memphis Celtics? They started off the year strong. Did they stay at home for sub-state?

Edited by stampede

It's also hard for me to believe that Memphis Tigers lost in the sub-state. If that's the case, then expect Memphis to go 1-2. Middle Tennessee has too many teams to compete with either. But, look for the Travelers to make a push. They are better than last year's team. TN Tigers are known for pulling an upset, but that is a really tough pool. Flames and Thrashers will play for first time on Saturday, should be a good one. Stallions led the Flames in the championship game early, but Flames won convincingly. Tar Heels are the newcomers, don't know much about them. I don't know what happened to the Celtics, but I assume they didn't play in any sub-state, because I think they would have qualified anywhere but Memphis.

It's also hard for me to believe that Memphis Tigers lost in the sub-state. If that's the case, then expect Memphis to go 1-2. Middle Tennessee has too many teams to compete with either. But, look for the Travelers to make a push. They are better than last year's team. TN Tigers are known for pulling an upset, but that is a really tough pool. Flames and Thrashers will play for first time on Saturday, should be a good one. Stallions led the Flames in the championship game early, but Flames won convincingly. Tar Heels are the newcomers, don't know much about them. I don't know what happened to the Celtics, but I assume they didn't play in any sub-state, because I think they would have qualified anywhere but Memphis.

Because they were caught playing illegal players last year in 13u as well as other age groups, the Memphis Celtics did not participate in AAU this year. The Memphis Stallions 13u will compete with the TN Bearcats for 13u state championship.

On paper this is how I think it will stack up for 14u..

1. Memphis Tigers

2. TN Thrashers

3. TN Travelers

4. TN Flames

5. Memphis YOMCA

6. TN Tigers

7. Memphis Stallions 13u

8. TN Tarheels

The Tarheels do play extremely hard and have some big physical post players so with them finishing last, thats not a bad thing because of how competitive this tournament is but I just dont think they'll have the guard play to compete at such a high level. Should be a exciting weekend of basketball.

Updates from state:

TN Tigers Defeat Memphis Stallions 69-57

Memphis Tigers Defeat CDF Thrashers 60-56 (Memphis was missing some players but was able to hold off Thrashers. Thrasher led in game.)

Team Memphis Defeat TN Travelers (dont know final with 1 minute to with the score 56-47. If anyone has a final please post.)

Final game did not get the score but it was the TN Flames V TN Tarheels.

Should be some great games later on today!!

If anyone down there can post keep us updated!!

Updates from state:

TN Tigers Defeat Memphis Stallions 69-57

Memphis Tigers Defeat CDF Thrashers 60-56 (Memphis was missing some players but was able to hold off Thrashers. Thrasher led in game.)

Team Memphis Defeat TN Travelers (dont know final with 1 minute to with the score 56-47. If anyone has a final please post.)

Final game did not get the score but it was the TN Flames V TN Tarheels.

Should be some great games later on today!!

If anyone down there can post keep us updated!!

A close source told me that the TN Flames won their game over the TN Tarheels. It was largest margin of victory of the night. Its good that each game was competitive. That should let everyone know that either Middle TN is catching up with Memphis or its balancing out all over.

Matchups for tomorrow:

SEMI'S

Game 1-Team Memphis V TN Flames

Game 2- Memphis Tigers V TN Travelers

5th place game:

TN Tigers V CDF Thrashers

7th Place

Memphis Stallions

Great matchups was told all 7 teams will qualify for D1 nationals!!

Congrats to all the teams participating!!

Matchups for tomorrow:

SEMI'S

Game 1-Team Memphis V TN Flames

Game 2- Memphis Tigers V TN Travelers

5th place game:

TN Tigers V CDF Thrashers

7th Place

Memphis Stallions

Great matchups was told all 7 teams will qualify for D1 nationals!!

Congrats to all the teams participating!!

FINAL RESULTS:

1. YOMCA Team Memphis

2. TN Travelers

3. Memphis Tigers (TOP 3 Nationally)

4. TN Flames

5. CDF Thrashers

6. TN Tigers

7. Memphis Stallions

8. TN Tarheels

This was one of the best state tournaments this state has seen.

FINAL RESULTS:

1. YOMCA Team Memphis

2. TN Travelers

4. TN Flames

5. CDF Thrashers

6. TN Tigers

7. Memphis Stallions

8. TN Tarheels

The memphis celtics 14 under played in the YBOA 15 UNDER sub state this weekend and finised 2nd. The MEMPHIS CELTICS DID NOT GET CAUGHT PLAYING ILLEGAL PLAYERS IN SEVERAl age groups. The organization decided to play in the yboa,mayb,invataional tournaments and travel eventa across the country. When the smokes clears the Memphis Celtics have the best 14 under, 15 under and the 16's is so strong they play 17 under in travel tourneys. The made it to the sweet 16 in the loaded Wallace Prather Memorial Classic in Atlanta this past weekend. The 15 under memphis celtics beat the top 15 under team in georgia the Gergia Hurricanes by 15 in pool play. Just to let the state of tennesee know the Memphis Celtics is stronger than ever. Get the facts right. visit us on the web www.teamceltics.com

FINAL RESULTS:

1. YOMCA Team Memphis

2. TN Travelers

4. TN Flames

5. CDF Thrashers

6. TN Tigers

7. Memphis Stallions

8. TN Tarheels

I agree. I'd say that maybe 6 out of the 8 teams could have won this tournament, depending on how the pools were set up. The Travelers came from 0-2 in pool play to the championship game.

The memphis celtics 14 under played in the YBOA 15 UNDER sub state this weekend and finised 2nd. The MEMPHIS CELTICS DID NOT GET CAUGHT PLAYING ILLEGAL PLAYERS IN SEVERAl age groups. The organization decided to play in the yboa,mayb,invataional tournaments and travel eventa across the country. When the smokes clears the Memphis Celtics have the best 14 under, 15 under and the 16's is so strong they play 17 under in travel tourneys. The made it to the sweet 16 in the loaded Wallace Prather Memorial Classic in Atlanta this past weekend. The 15 under memphis celtics beat the top 15 under team in georgia the Gergia Hurricanes by 15 in pool play. Just to let the state of tennesee know the Memphis Celtics is stronger than ever. Get the facts right. visit us on the web www.teamceltics.com

Well that is good to know. I was only reporting what a close and informative source repeated to me. Considering this guy is heavily involved in AAU, I figured he would know.

But I'm glad the Memphis Celtics are playing well and representing TN.