Blackman vs Cookeville

soccer is life

just wanted to hear what people thought about the game.

I thought it was great game.

I also wanted to clear up the situation after the game. The goalkeepers mother was going on to the field after the game when a cookeville parent crabbed her by th shoulders and start telling her what a bad team Blackman was. It was then when she pushed the parent to defend herself. Then the women who grabbed her husband came in and crabbed her to. At this point a dad from the team stept in to defend the Blackman parent. This inccident was started by a Cookeville mom not a Blackman parent.

just wanted to set the record strait.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wanted to clear up the situation after the game. The goalkeepers mother was going on to the field after the game when a cookeville parent crabbed her by th shoulders and start telling her what a bad team Blackman was. It was then when she pushed the parent to defend herself. Then the women who grabbed her husband came in and crabbed her to. At this point a dad from the team stept in to defend the Blackman parent. This inccident was started by a Cookeville mom not a Blackman parent.

Just let it go. Blackman is getting "hated on" because of what has happened in the past too, not just this game.

As for the game, congratulations to Cookeville.

Attention Blackman Fans:

This is not how the end of the game went. The goalkeepers mother was upset her son choked and lost the game for them, so he will probably have to transfer again to another school just like how he left cookeville, guess we didnt need him. Anyways, She decided to take it out on someone else so the blame would not be put on her "perfect" son who is being scouted by teams across the nation....HA! No cookeville parent grabbed her at all, and the SRO officer never flashed his gun. The player asked who the f*** are you and he showed his badge which was under his jacket on his belt next to his gun. Quit blowing that out of proportion.

People have to understand that taunting is just part of the game. No profanities were said to any Blackman player. Don't get me wrong, players on both teams did use a few choice words, however, there was not a single player for cookeville who said anything bad to any of the blackman fans. #10 for blackman decided he wanted to run his mouth to someone who had him outsized three times. Players and fans need to realize every sport has fans yelling and screaming. How do they think it sounds on a football field with THOUSANDS of fans yelling at them? This was a slightly smaller group. Get over it. We will continue to cheer at the remainder of the games and we will continue to taunt the other players. And yes i was one of the few who stayed down by the goal in which blackman's goalie was in. We were looking forward to that game for a long time and we knew we had to welcome paul back in a way we thought was fit. There is nothing in the rule book about taunting as long as names and profanities are not used. Which is exactly how we were.

And as for #10 for blackman....I've lost games before and i have never done anything like you have done, and trust me i've been taunted as i walked on the field and off but i never let it get to me. Use it as something to make you play better and try and prove us wrong. Make it to where we have nothing to taunt you about. Don't give us the bird and call someone out like you want to fight. Cookeville has class and we have our school spirit too. I've yet to see one of our players act as your's did tuesday night.

Go Cavs!!! We're Behind You All The Way

TEK 9 HOOLIGANS

p.s. To the blackman dad who called us soccer wanna-bes....you're exactly right, we would have lost that game if we had players like us out there. Thats why we stick with what we do best.....just being a fan whos gonna try his best to get in the other teams head while still supporting my own team.

Edited by TEK_9_HOOLIGAN

My thoughts on the game:

1. I'll never figure out how you can start the season on one roster and end up on another team.

2. Paul played a good game and he handled himself with class(by the way even though you have had harsh words for your ex coach he has always had positive things to say about you to me)

3. I wouldn't have held up so good under such critisism as the keeper faced.

4. The blackman parents and cookeville parents supported there teams as they should.

5. Number 10's actions were unexcusable.

6. Bill Vice-Grant Kelly are class acts

Most importantly both teams gave me a great game to watch and one I told my students about today-that is what is all about.

Just my view.

Edited by coachof3

My thoughts on the game:

1. I'll never figure out how you can start the season on one roster and end up on another team.

2. Paul played a good game and he handled himself with class(by the way even though you have had harsh words for your ex coach he has always had positive things to say about you to me)

3. I wouldn't have held up so good under such critisism as the keeper faced.

4. The blackman parents and cookeville parents supported there teams as they should.

5. Number 10's actions were unexcusable.

6. Bill Vice-Grant Kelly are class acts

Most importantly both teams gave me a great game to watch and one I told my students about today-that is what is all about.

Just my view.

Thanks for the kind words about us. It was a great game. I wish the outcome was differant but that is the way it goes sometimes. I now you think that #10 actions were unexcusable, but he was not doing it just for himself, he was doing it for the rest of us who could not do anything because Cookeville's principal, Wayne Shanks, was taking pictures of the goalkeeper trying to catch him making gestures to to the Cookeville fans.

Attention Blackman Fans:

This is not how the end of the game went. The goalkeepers mother was upset her son choked and lost the game for them, so he will probably have to transfer again to another school just like how he left cookeville, guess we didnt need him. Anyways, She decided to take it out on someone else so the blame would not be put on her "perfect" son who is being scouted by teams across the nation....HA! No cookeville parent grabbed her at all, and the SRO officer never flashed his gun. The player asked who the f*** are you and he showed his badge which was under his jacket on his belt next to his gun. Quit blowing that out of proportion.

People have to understand that taunting is just part of the game. No profanities were said to any Blackman player. Don't get me wrong, players on both teams did use a few choice words, however, there was not a single player for cookeville who said anything bad to any of the blackman fans. #10 for blackman decided he wanted to run his mouth to someone who had him outsized three times. Players and fans need to realize every sport has fans yelling and screaming. How do they think it sounds on a football field with THOUSANDS of fans yelling at them? This was a slightly smaller group. Get over it. We will continue to cheer at the remainder of the games and we will continue to taunt the other players. And yes i was one of the few who stayed down by the goal in which blackman's goalie was in. We were looking forward to that game for a long time and we knew we had to welcome paul back in a way we thought was fit. There is nothing in the rule book about taunting as long as names and profanities are not used. Which is exactly how we were.

And as for #10 for blackman....I've lost games before and i have never done anything like you have done, and trust me i've been taunted as i walked on the field and off but i never let it get to me. Use it as something to make you play better and try and prove us wrong. Make it to where we have nothing to taunt you about. Don't give us the bird and call someone out like you want to fight. Cookeville has class and we have our school spirit too. I've yet to see one of our players act as your's did tuesday night.

Go Cavs!!! We're Behind You All The Way

TEK 9 HOOLIGANS

p.s. To the blackman dad who called us soccer wanna-bes....you're exactly right, we would have lost that game if we had players like us out there. Thats why we stick with what we do best.....BEING HOOLIGANS!!!

your ignorance is halarious. You might think that you got in paul's head, but the truth is, that he had no idea who you were, so why dont you let it go. Your just a bitter student. Thats all. If you knew anything at all about soccer then we(blackman) might listen to what you have to say. But since your just a hooligan your opinion means nothing to us.

oh and I am sure you have lost games before, but you probably never got on the field/court so you wouldn't know what it feels like to play your heart out and come up short.

your ignorance is halarious. You might think that you got in paul's head, but the truth is, that he had no idea who you were, so why dont you let it go. Your just a bitter student. Thats all. If you knew anything at all about soccer then we(blackman) might listen to what you have to say. But since your just a hooligan your opinion means nothing to us.

oh and I am sure you have lost games before, but you probably never got on the field/court so you wouldn't know what it feels like to play your heart out and come up short.

Hey, arent u the keeper that quit cookeville and went to blackman(traitor?)...sounds like it musta been an emotional game, but this probably proves one thing for u keeper....

WAY TO GET ON THE WINNING EDGE!

O wait, u lost...sorry-And therefore u my friend have no right to say harsh words about someone else after the class u have shown by ditching ur own team, maybe if u were as good as u claim to be then you wouldnt have allowed 3 goals, not to mention 4 pk's...

well seigal-here comes a cocky, arrogant self centered snob who wants to be on a winning team..dont worry blackman he will transfer in the middle of ur season next yera....

But besides that, i am assuming both blackman/cookeville players musta played one heck of a game to send it to pk's...wouda been a great district championship game!! It's rather ironic that u know so much about this blackman parent that was out of control soccer is life, do we have ourselves a moma's boy??

Edited by thenextjatoree

I agree with the guy callin you a momma's boy. Cause right now thats all it seems like you are. Accept it. You Lost. And I did know Paul Gilbert how could i have not known him? You all are just angry cause you're recruiting techniques didnt work out like they planned this year and you are stuck with a wannabe eminem on your team (number 10). And trust me i know how it feels to lose a close game, but we NEVER taunted any of the blackman players after the game. During the game was a different story and im tired of hearing you guys CRY about someone taunting you. Does it bring about bad dreams or something? However after the game not a single cookeville fan said one bad thing to a Blackman player or fan, except in the case of the keepers mom in which she brought that on herself. So quit tryin to stand up for something that you cant back up. Im guessing recruiting will be starting soon again for you boys...maybe you should try 8 mile..Oh and i doubt you'll be able to steal Taylor away from us since paul is most likely gonna transfer again...and just to prove that i DO have sportsmanship Blackman played a heck of a game, someone had to lose though.

Edited by TEK_9_HOOLIGAN

What are the two biggest rivals in this district...(cookeville/blackman game last night mighta made that series more intense for future games)

I would have to say Blackman/Riverdale is big...

Blackman/riverdale is pretty big but i think with last nights game, cookeville/blackman just got pushed to a whole different level so i say cookeville/blackman

your ignorance is halarious. You might think that you got in paul's head, but the truth is, that he had no idea who you were, so why dont you let it go. Your just a bitter student. Thats all.

What would i be bitter about......WE WON and and we were definately in his head...Did you not see how off he was from the second half on? he couldnt keep any of his kicks in-bounds and you cannot blame that on the wind cause it wasnt all that bad.