BEARDEN VS FARRAGUT

Tin-Man

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep 2-1 farragut.

There first goal was a direct kick in the first half.

Then Bearden scores later.

Farragut scored their second goal off a corner kick in the middle of the second overtime.

I must say that Bearden handed it to them in every way except for what counts the most (which is of course goals).

Good Luck to Farragut in the West game.

Good Luck to Bearden when travelling to Oak Ridge, hopefully another rematch is in order, and then another in the State championship :thumb:

I know Ben Backstrom scored Farragut's first goal, but who scored the other two goals in the game?

Don't know who scored for bearden, but Farragut's second goal was scored by Joseph Muth on a header from a corner by Matt Dakin.

yep 2-1 farragut.

There first goal was a direct kick in the first half.

Then Bearden scores later.

Farragut scored their second goal off a corner kick in the middle of the second overtime.

I must say that Bearden handed it to them in every way except for what counts the most (which is of course goals).

I would agree at times Bearden took it to Farragut but , What I and my friends saw it went both ways, there was times Farragut owned Bearden. I will l be interested int the shot count tommorrow in the paper. I thought the best player on the field was Farragut's sweeper # 16, don't know his name , but he was everywhere.... Bearden had the better intensity , Farragut had the better players.

Tin MAn, I don't blame you for seeing it your way, didn't you go to Bearden?

No matter what it was a GREAT GAME, BOTH teams can be proud of!! They will probably meet again because Bearden can take Oak Ridge hands down and I think Farragut can beat West. But , truthfully we all talked about it tonight at the game and we think West is the better team in that district even though they lost to Oak Ridge!! Round 3 of Bearden vs Farragut will probably bee next Thursday

[

Edited by OnThePitch

I used to play for Oak Ridge as well as Bearden. and i was thiking about that, and Oak Ridge HATES Bearden, they will be ready, and they have been steadily improving, it may be a different game this time.

I am not biased by any means (in my opinion, i guess others can say otherwise). i say bearden plays bad when they do, but that is not the case last night.

As for my best player, again you all might think this is biased, it would have to be #16 on Bearden it is Trevor Cook, my little brother. He too is a defender, he did not let any one go by him, won every 50/50 ball that i saw, and stopped Ben Backstrom from doing anything. Yes yes it says he scored, but that was a direct kick (and a nice one).

Any way, to the game, Bearden had more real chances and time with the ball in their own attacking third, maybe it is because Bearden boots it there every time. Rico had two should have been goals in the first half. He jumped with the keeper for a ball, it gets loose and then he kicks it over the goal, with no goalie in the goal, beautiful play by Rico. Next time he beats the keeper and trying not to hit it over the goal he taps it in, but Farragut's #16 had a beautiful recovery run and stopped it.

balls were placed from the defending Farragut's goal line across the goal and ended without a finishing.

I just do not remember alot of Farragut's chances other than their two goals, one of which was a direct kick. With that said, i congratulate Farragut with their win because they did what had to be done, and pulled out the victory, and in the end that is what counts. It will say Farragut-District champions.

Not Farragut-District champions, but Bearden had a great game.

Bearden boys, you have to find the net, but great game and get that rematch, i am dieing to see it.

On the pitch, who are Farragut's better players? (i know that this is a matter of opinion, but i did not see them last night, every one looked pretty much equal on a man to man basis, except for Rico vs. #16 in favor of Rico, and i saw that Ben Backstrom has a better free kick, it was a blast, other than that?)

Edited by Tin-Man