Baylor/McCallie vie for Region Championship

jon26

Red Raiders are playing extremely strong soccer now. Have been dominate on defense all year and now the offense is putting it all together. McCallie as well is playing very well too. Baylor outplayed McCallie in game 1 everywhere except where it counts....scoreboard. Since then both offenses have picked it up. McCallie again will have home field advantage and this always counts for something. Great that both teams are already going to state to represent DII for Chattanooga. My pick (I bleed red) is Baylor in a close game 2-1.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to both teams.

NDHS that was a tough game for you guys last night. Good luck the rest of the way. What a game this should be. Both are class programs and as always (except for last year Baylor 4 McCallie 0) this will be another nail bitter. But I have to go with my boys from Baylor in a thriller 3-1.

Best of luck to both teams.

Thanks ND. I heard last nights game between ND and CCS was pretty controversial with the foul in the box for CCS. Good luck to you the rest of the way. As far as Baylor/McCallie bragging rights and a region title are on the line...as always when these schools get together it is intense. I looked at the brackets and I think the winner of this game ofcourse will be the #1 seed from the east...if this is the case that could be bad news for the top seed. Looks the East #1 seed will be in the bracket with Christian Brothers. They are top ranked for all classes in Tn and ranked #5 in the country. Has anyone else looked at the brackets to see if this is right..........Go Baylor!

Top 2 teams in Chattanooga facing off next week will be a awesome game to watch. Both are playing great and both are headed to spring fling regardless of the outcome. McCallie has the home field advantage but Baylor has the defensive advantage. I also give Baylor the edge on offense with Bach, Javier and Fynn Glover. However with Bradford back for McCallie that really gives them a boost. This will be a hard fought game but I go with Baylor 2-1.

Top 2 teams in Chattanooga facing off next week will be a awesome game to watch. Both are playing great and both are headed to spring fling regardless of the outcome. McCallie has the home field advantage but Baylor has the defensive advantage. I also give Baylor the edge on offense with Bach, Javier and Fynn Glover. However with Bradford back for McCallie that really gives them a boost. This will be a hard fought game but I go with Baylor 2-1.

I have to disagree I would say Baylor has better defense but I dont think that Baylor has a better offense

I have to disagree I would say Baylor has better defense but I dont think that Baylor has a better offense

I would have to disagree with you on McCallie's offense being better. I know they have Bradford now but judging from their first meeting. Baylor had more attempts and more shots on goal...but were slightly off. McCallie did do a good job on their best attempt and connected. But all in all with Bach, Glover, Javier and Murphy they have a stronger offense from what I have seen.

Looking forward to an awesome rematch hopefully with a better Baylor outcome. Hope it is injury free for both teams heading into state next week. McCallie may score 1 on the Red Raiders but I think that will be all. Baylors offense has been clicking lately so I see a 2-0 or 2-1 Baylor victory. Whoever wins this one (region)will have the tougher side of the state bracket though. DIIEast #1 seed is on the same side of the bracket as #1 Christian Brothers...who just happens to be the #5 team in the nation. Go Big Red!

Well the big rematch game is finally today. Hoping for an injury free game for the Red and Blue. From the looks of the posts their are a few neutral opinions and the rest pro Baylor. Would love to see some posts from McCallie people for their take before the game. It is easy to post afte the fact.....Should be a great crowd at the game even if it is at 4:30 which is a bummer. Baylor 2-1.

Well the big rematch game is finally today. Hoping for an injury free game for the Red and Blue. From the looks of the posts their are a few neutral opinions and the rest pro Baylor. Would love to see some posts from McCallie people for their take before the game. It is easy to post afte the fact.....Should be a great crowd at the game even if it is at 4:30 which is a bummer. Baylor 2-1.

I agree I would also like to see some McCallie point of view before the game also. If they win they will post then but that is easy to do then. More interesting to see opinions before. Proud that both schools will represent Chattanooga at the spring fling regardless of the outcome of this game. Go Baylor 3-1.