Who makes it to Saturday in AAA Middle Tenn?

rebelj

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes 3-1 is correct 1 great shot in the first overtime and a break away in the 2nd overtime but a great intense game moorad and phane got red carded from rhs and #17 from Antioch threw a punch at someone and got a red

Well not to pat my own back but I believe I said that Antioch could win this one :thumb:

The player for Antioch that got the red was a very good player and that will be a big problem against Brentwood.

YCF

Well not to pat my own back but I believe I said that Antioch could win this one :thumb:

The player for Antioch that got the red was a very good player and that will be a big problem against Brentwood.

YCF

sorry for being naive, but the player for antioch received a staright red, doesnt that mean he is out for the next game?...and i was at the game and the kid hit an upper 90 shot from 25 out after beating 4 r-wood players...amazing play and could be a problem for b-wood if he pushes up from his defensive position

excellent call, yellowcardfever! Maybe Ravenwood thought they were guaranteed a game on Thursday. Good luck to Antioch as they move to the next game. Those who counted Metro schools out were wrong! :thumb:

(who was the player with a red card?)

Yanni Gomez received the red card for Antioch, and he will be out against Brentwood. One of Antioch's best players. Congrats to the Bears on a tremendous victory. Really seemed to rally after the ejection.

Total congrats to Antioch. I will eat crow because I thought Ravenwood was a sure win. Best of luck against Brentwood.

congrats to antioch, hope yall have a good game against brentwood.. yes i go to ravenwood so my opinion will be biased but the ref lost complete control of the game.. 4 red cards in a game is a little much. The red card that ben fane recieved was a bad card. yanni gomez punched him and the ref red carded them both for fighting when fane never threw a punch or taunted him. the other red cards were both double yellows for rhs but 1 was also a bad call on moorad. he went in a little sideways on a header and they called the foul, so moorad even went and helped there guy up. and the ref gave him a yellow/red. i just disagree with the calls made. Good game by antioch though and good luck with state.

I will congratulate Brentwood on their 3-0 victory over Antioch on yesterday. Was closely contested until Antioch ran out of gas in the second half. My gripe against Brentwood was the lack of class displayed by fans and players. In these times, I believe it was unwarranted for a parent/supporter of Brentwood to tell some of the Antioch fans to "Go back to Mexico." This was a harsh and racist comment, and the fact that he said to an individual from Bosnia just added to the fire. After this situation was calmed down, the Brentwood soccer decided to do a rounding rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner." While their coaches had nothing to say about them doing this.

The student population does consist of many nationalities, and yes as an educator at Antioch, we learn to deal with lots of different cultures. I was very offended at the actions of the so-called "upper class," to allow such words and comments to even pass their lips shows where our country is. Nowhere. We have not moved forward in any instance, the focus has just shifted from one group of minorities to another. How can we allow our children to perpetuate the cycle that so many of our adults have tried to break. Brentwood played with a lot of class on the field, but off of it, their actions should have not been allowed, and were disgusting.