B'wood v. Centinnial-AGAIN

Village Idiot

Actually, BB, you're right on the money as to the eveness of the two teams. B'wood holds a 3-2 edge so far this year, while the teams have both scored 10 runs each in the five games. B'wood is deeper in the pitching department and solid all the way around. CHS just has a bunch of players that seem to find a way to win when they have to (3 B'wood games excluded). Both teams won on the road in the regular season. Hoping that's a good omen at your place tomorrow.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, BB, you're right on the money as to the eveness of the two teams. B'wood holds a 3-2 edge so far this year, while the teams have both scored 10 runs each in the five games. B'wood is deeper in the pitching department and solid all the way around. CHS just has a bunch of players that seem to find a way to win when they have to (3 B'wood games excluded). Both teams won on the road in the regular season. Hoping that's a good omen at your place tomorrow.

if deeper pitching prevails, how come the starter was pulled after five batters? it's impossible to compare centennials pitching staff of one to brentwoods three; as far as CHS just having a "bunch of players who find a way to win," they have plenty of underclassmen who have stepped up to the plate and done amazing... how many returning players does brentwood have?

if deeper pitching prevails, how come the starter was pulled after five batters? it's impossible to compare centennials pitching staff of one to brentwoods three; as far as CHS just having a "bunch of players who find a way to win," they have plenty of underclassmen who have stepped up to the plate and done amazing... how many returning players does brentwood have?

From what I hear, CHS has 7 players they are losing this year. I think BHS has 1 player that they are losing. So, looking at the roster with a Senior-clad club with a top Senior pitcher, I would say CHS is the favorite. Both teams have found a way to win but I believe BHS can make a change if needed in the pitching rotation to change things up, don't think CHS can. So as long as both teams are in the game, probably won't see much change at pitching today. Anybody's guess?

The weather may win if it rains like it did yesterday :unsure:

Bear--don't misunderstand the post. B'wood is "deeper" in pitching, meaning they have three or four they could go to. You're right, the starter was pulled early Saturday, but the reliever was as good. CHS can go two deep, but after that it's all very underclassmen.

As for the finding a way to win comment, it was meant as tremendous praise! These kids take care of each other and play with an enormous amount of heart. They seem to play for a love of the game, their team and their school first. The seniors have shown true leadership on and off the field, and it appears the sophmores and freshmen are taking notes.

Next year might be tough, with seven graduating seniors and no juniors, but the year after that, watch out! But that conversation is for a later time. Today there is a more important task to complete. Biggest question: Will the Bruins continue to try to pitch around Adair Hewitt and if so, which other Cougar(s) makes them pay for it this time? :unsure:

From what I hear, CHS has 7 players they are losing this year. I think BHS has 1 player that they are losing. So, looking at the roster with a Senior-clad club with a top Senior pitcher, I would say CHS is the favorite. Both teams have found a way to win but I believe BHS can make a change if needed in the pitching rotation to change things up, don't think CHS can. So as long as both teams are in the game, probably won't see much change at pitching today. Anybody's guess?

The weather may win if it rains like it did yesterday :P

You are probably right-especially the last sentence!!! :unsure:

Brentwood has been doing their post game cheer before any of the current players ever came to Brentwood. It is nothing new. Both teams have their traditions and no one has complained until now. Strong rivalries between teams can blow things out of porportion. I am sure Brentwood players and fans find certain acts that CHS has done throughout this year as unsportsmanlike and the same goes for CHS towards Brentwood. Both teams are good, good luck in the game today.