UH vs UH

krichunaka

Thanks for the information, Jarfly Dugger!

Just last week, the Unaka Lady Rangers slaughtered the other UH, rival, University High, 17-0 It was so bad that the Lady Junior Bucs didn't show up for the District Championship game. University High simply threw in the towel, and called it a season. Right?

WRONG!

After a win in the Region One semi-finals, and after a little time for the Lady Junior Bucs starting catcher to heal from a throw to the face in the last UH vs UH game, the Lady Junior Bucs decided to have yet another go at Unaka. Their Fifth.

Final: Unaka One - - - University High Zero . . . .in Eight Innings!

Congratulations to the Lady Rangers; and especially, a tremendous show of Pride and Character by the Lady Junior Bucs.

Ryann Musick did it again! Eight Innings, another shutout. Jarfly Dugger called it "probably her guttiest" performance yet. Pretty amazing, considering that tonight's game made it FIFTEEN shutouts for the Great One, in this, her senior season.

After Brittany "Buckshot" Taylor managed a walk to begin the bottom of the eighth, Kristy Moffitt laid down the sacrifice bunt; Taylor to second.

Kayla Winters, who should receive lots of Statewide recognition for FRESHMAN of the YEAR, lined one to the outfield. Ballgame.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the information, Jarfly Dugger!

Just last week, the Unaka Lady Rangers slaughtered the other UH, rival, University High, 17-0 It was so bad that the Lady Junior Bucs didn't show up for the District Championship game. University High simply threw in the towel, and called it a season. Right?

WRONG!

After a win in the Region One semi-finals, and after a little time for the Lady Junior Bucs starting catcher to heal from a throw to the face in the last UH vs UH game, the Lady Junior Bucs decided to have yet another go at Unaka. Their Fifth.

Final: Unaka One - - - University High Zero . . . .in Eight Innings!

Congratulations to the Lady Rangers; and especially, a tremendous show of Pride and Character by the Lady Junior Bucs.

Ryann Musick did it again! Eight Innings, another shutout. Jarfly Dugger called it "probably her guttiest" performance yet. Pretty amazing, considering that tonight's game made it FIFTEEN shutouts for the Great One, in this, her senior season.

After Brittany "Buckshot" Taylor managed a walk to begin the bottom of the eighth, Kristy Moffitt laid down the sacrifice bunt; Taylor to second.

Kayla Winters, who should receive lots of Statewide recognition for FRESHMAN of the YEAR, lined one to the outfield. Ballgame.

Heard Amanda Cooper for University High gave Unaka all they wanted.... Going to eight innings must have been a good game.... Hate I missed that one....

Dang if Midway travels to Unaka Friday then neither team may score. The Colyer girl from Midway has 14 shutouts on the season.

goosevol,

Will you be making the trip with Midway? If so, drop by the hotdog stand and "sportiemom" will serve you up: A hotdog and some Mountain Dew; my treat. Just don't ask for our special "Mountain Dew" recipe. :thumb:

Will do. Will actually be there with Rockwood softball and Harriman baseball. Are both fields at the school? I've been to Unaka for basketball and baseball, but never for softball. I've always liked Stoney Creek, being from a small community like Oakdale I probably fit in really well.

As far as the game, Rockwood is a good team. Their infield is great. They don't make many mistakes and they play the bunt very well. Outfield isn't shabby either. The centerfielder runs like a deer. Pitcher and catcher are both solid also.

They also have five or six girls that can flat out rip the ball and most of that group can fly.

I'm sure Friday's game will be close and at the end the loser will go back shaking their head because they will have had some chances.

Will do. Will actually be there with Rockwood softball and Harriman baseball. Are both fields at the school? I've been to Unaka for basketball and baseball, but never for softball. I've always liked Stoney Creek, being from a small community like Oakdale I probably fit in really well.

As far as the game, Rockwood is a good team. Their infield is great. They don't make many mistakes and they play the bunt very well. Outfield isn't shabby either. The centerfielder runs like a deer. Pitcher and catcher are both solid also.

They also have five or six girls that can flat out rip the ball and most of that group can fly.

I'm sure Friday's game will be close and at the end the loser will go back shaking their head because they will have had some chances.

Yes, both fields are at the school. You can see them from the Highway.

Unaka is a solid, very-well coached, Team-First ballclub. They've obviously continued to make the defensive stops, routinely, as well as with the game on the line.

A good hitting team, with good base-running skills. Like the Lady Tigers, tough to pitch around.

Though certainly not a one woman team, Unaka will rely heavily on the Left Arm of Ryann Musick. Plenty-fast, and very smart. A delight for the knowledgeable fan to watch.

Edited by krichunaka