Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut @DB

bud

Stonewall, you make good points. It's been discussed elsewhere that a team can ride a stud pitcher through the Region and Sectional games. However, the team must still play solid defense and manage to score at least one run, regardless of how good the pitching is.

Therefore Farragut deserves credit for making the plays when they needed them. I didn't witness the Sectional game, but Farragut made a couple of crucial defensive gems in the Halls game last Monday or Halls probably wins that game.

Also, Farragut was able to put the ball into play at the crucial time.

One of the reasons that DB has been chided on here is because of all the mouth-running that went on early in the season. DB had a fine team. However many get tired of DB supporters filling up the message board with trash talk. I'm old school when it comes to that. I believe in making your statement on the field. As long as it stays within bounds of acceptability, posters have every right to talk smack on this board. But if they do they should be prepared for a backlash if they can't back it up.

If it was just DB supporters rather than players that did all the talking, then I'm sorry. I realize that you can't control what someone decides to post in this forum. However I would hope that supporters would realize their actions can backfire.

Congratulations to DB on a fine season. There are a lot of good teams that are sitting at home right now. That's just the nature of the sport.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I SAW MORE TRASH TALK FROM OTHER TEAMS THIS YEAR THAN ANYONE, D-B HADN'T TRASHED TALKED ALL DURING THE SEASON, YET WE STILL GET PEOPLE WHO JUST DONT KNOW WHEN TO SHUTUP, SAYIN WE STILL WERE. LOOK AT THE THREADS, S-D, HALLS, FARRAGUT ALL TRASHED TALKED LIKE THEY WERE THE YANKEES, D-B DID NOT. IF THERE IS SOMETHING I HATE MORE IS PEOPLE THAT DONT GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTH.

THE GAME IS OVER, YES FARRAGUT WON GOOD JOB, NOW SHUTUP ABOUT IT, YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED, NOW GO TO STATE AND WIN, AFTER BEATING D-B I HOPE THAT YOUR THE ONES TO WIN STATE, BECAUSE I KNOW IF D-B HAD WON THAT GAME THEY WOULD HAVE.

BwAnG

No need to shout. We can hear you just fine :) .

You are correct that there were elements from Halls and SD that engaged in the frivolity as well. Heck, everybody has some trash talkers. I'll agree with you that I didn't read nearly as much from the DB camp once the season started. But as I recall you and some others initiated a lot of discussion back in February and early March. That's way there have been comments directed at you.

Like I said, feel free to talk smack all you want. Just remember, that when you don't back it up (e.g. "we're going to the State"), you're going to get it back at you.

I don't have a horse in this race, I just prefer to see teams do their talking between the lines.

Thank you bizazz for actually saying something like that about D-B. They did run their mouths all year about how they were going to make state, I remember at least 3 posts that had about 12 pages of information about how good they were going to be this year and would win state. Honestly though bwang, I don't recall as much talk going on about South-Doyle or Halls. The most I saw from anyone was a close race between you guys and USJ. I don't remember any 18 page threads going on about how South-Doyle or Halls were God's gift to baseball or anything. Heck, our biggest fan and supporter got kicked off CoachT so we really couldn't say much. :thumb: Bizazz was definitely right though, you expect so much out of a team with such great talent as yours, and when your team doesn't come through in the clutch, people will talk and wonder why you don't have anything to say anymore. You all ran your mouths all year and it finally came back to you. I predicted it at the beginning of the year, the run would end at Sectionals. But hey you guys shouldn't be too down on yourselves, you had a great season and won a lot of good games and won your region (again). I'm sure there will be another state run next year.

Edited by vandycomms2006

Solid, mature points by Bizazz. Some trash talking is nothing more than immature people spouting off about that which they don't know. I for one was very surprised to see virtually nothing posted as D-B put away arch rival Science Hill in the District and Regional tournaments. You would have to live here to understand the rivalry (and that's putting it kindly) between these two. I just knew that there would be crow aplenty offered up as the Indians proved their superiority over the Hill this year.....nothing......virtual silence. It speaks volumes of how this community feels about baseball as it compares to football. Tune in to the football threads this fall and you will see scrolls of pages dedicated to the Indians, even when we're playing the sisters of the poor and we know we're going to win by 40.

Vandy, as I said above, your "accurate prediction" of our run ending at the sectional level came true because of the oddity that is baseball......THIS year. Other years we have been good but Farragut/Halls have just been better than us, period. This year, your loss against Karns put us in a one game sudden death against the best arm you have, and one of the best arms in East Tennessee. He was 1 run and 4 feet better. There are no other parks that our best hitter could hit a potential walk-off 2 run bomb 395 feet to dead center and it just be an out. Still, "that's baseball." To win a championship, things have to go your way late. They didn't for D-B at the sectional level, so they are done. It reminds me of 2000 when D-B had the fastest team in the state in football. They reached the semi-finals and played Gerald Riggs/Red Bank in an absolute monsoon rain that negated the speed advantage. D-B lost by a touchdown. That's what I mean, things have to go your way late to win it all. Farragut will have to find a way now to win at the double elimination level when other arms have to pitch. That's the anatomy of winning a title I suppose.

Im just wondering why people even read the DB threads if they are so offended by them. Who is holding a gun to your head?

That being said.......I will pay 1 million dollars to any coach that can win a State Championship at DB in my lifetime. (Football, Baseball, Basketball)

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Im just wondering why people even read the DB threads if they are so offended by them. Who is holding a gun to your head?

That being said.......I will pay 1 million dollars to any coach that can win a State Championship at DB in my lifetime. (Football, Baseball, Basketball)

DB needs to name themselves Upper East Tennessee Champions of all sports and then you could put that million dollars in the bank. Best of luck to you in Football this year.

Vandy who do you root for?? its been a mystery forever. You seem to pop up every time a new DB thread is started, and you know alot about every team that beats DB. Do you secretly go to all of these schools? but seriously. You hung around these threads all year without sayin "go my team", "my team is doin pretty good" please clear up the mystery

Alright, I'll let the secret out, cause 1 and 1 wants to know who I am even though my signature pretty much points it out. :P I'm not scared to tell or anything, honestly I don't even care if everyone knows who I am. For those of you who don't know where I go, its South-Doyle. Well I did go there at least, just graduated. I apologize for my former bashing of D-B on the threads. I root for all District 4AAA teams. I just want them to do well and prove to everyone else that its the best district in the state. I don't mean to appear offensive to anyone in what I say, I just try to prove a point, and if I have offended any D-B fans, I'm sorry. I've just never liked a team that runs their mouth all year about how good they are. So there ya guys go, the cat's out of the bag. I went to South-Doyle. Just read my signature and you'll see that. And about rooting for my team, I really don't like to come on here and talk about them very much, I just like to reply to topics that I find interesting.

Edited by vandycomms2006

Show me the trash talk and i'll rest my case....show me when we trashed talked SD after beating you 3-0....did we?? no. .... show me all the thousands and millions(sarcasticly) of post we went spouting off that we were going to win state. To find it you might have to go to page 20 and then u might find that thread....but please find it I'm dying for you to prove your point....because right now your just being annoyying about the whole thing....I mean D-B's season is over and your still complaining about something and bragging(in a way) how Farragut won. Start your own thread about Farragut and root for them and talk about the UPCOMING games, and don't even dare bash or put down the D-B program.