2006 AAU Nationals

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Trotters chances too but they have to find another post player (one is not enough for Nationals) if they expect to be a Sweet 16 team. The challenge they face is that Post Players are hard to find. If I were the Trotters Coach, I would give the post for the Top Guns a call. She is very tough.

Which one are you speaking of, #55 or #22? Do you have any info on other post players in that age group?

Which one are you speaking of, #55 or #22? Do you have any info on other post players in that age group?

I do not recall her number but she is their standout player. She is about 5'6" and very quick. She has a very nice shot from the high post and when she gets the ball, she intends to score.

As for other post players, I cannot help you. Some tall girls are available but offensive minded post players are hard to come by in this age group. The ones that are out there have mostly been scooped up.

In the 9U, look for KGC Lady Pride and Tennessee Team Pride to both have a legitimate shot at finishing in the Top 16, if not higher.

In the 10U, Tennessee Team Pride has a legitimate shot of finishing in the Top 5.

In the 11U, either the FCA Lady Eagles, Tennessee Xtreme, Tennessee Lady Trotters, or Tennessee Express (they did it last year) will finish in the Top 16.

In the 12U, Memphis Lady Elite (Daniels) and the Tennessee Lady Trotters boast the best chance at finishing in the Top 16.

In the 13U, the KGC Lady Pride could very well finish in the Top 3 once again, if not win it (they were oh-so-close last year).

In the 14U, Tennessee Team Pride will make it at least to the Elite Eight. Memphis Lady Elite (James) has a shot to finish relatively high as well, probably Top 16.

In the 15U, Tennessee Team Pride (Gold) will finish at least in the Elite Eight. Tennessee Flight and Memphis Lady Elite will probably finish at least in the Top 16 as well.

What about the 16U group?

• 2 weeks later...

What about the 16U group?

We need to clarify the age groups. team pride 12u did not qualify for Nationals and Team Flight 12U has picked up at least one player from pride. 11U Trotters have picked up their allowed 3 players. Maybe Flight has expanded from Shelbyville with it more attention toward East Tennessee than west or middle.

11u - just read in another thread that TN Express picked up 2 girls from the Pearls and Lady Trotters picked up 3, 2 of which are from the TN Raiders. I think these two teams chances just got a lot better in Nationals, especially TN Express's addition of the guard #2 from the Pearls.

• 3 weeks later...

11u - just read in another thread that TN Express picked up 2 girls from the Pearls and Lady Trotters picked up 3, 2 of which are from the TN Raiders. I think these two teams chances just got a lot better in Nationals, especially TN Express's addition of the guard #2 from the Pearls.

I have to go with ptguard12's assessment. FCA, TN Extreme, and TN Express. Although the Trotters picked up players, I watched several of the games in Murfreesboro and they have gone from a somewhat organized team to getting the rebound and trying to drive it down whether they have a fast break or not. They had fresh legs on the bench and didn't use them. It also looked as if they had a coaching change. I hope they get it together before nationals. They are a good team.

Edited by tnt_express

I have to go with ptguard12's assessment. FCA, TN Extreme, and TN Express. Although the Trotters picked up players, I watched several of the games in Murfreesboro and they have gone from a somewhat organized team to getting the rebound and trying to drive it down whether they have a fast break or not. They had fresh legs on the bench and didn't use them. It also looked as if they had a coaching change. I hope they get it together before nationals. They are a good team.

I assume you are with TN Express, which leads me to wonder why you are being so critical of the Lady Trotters. You have TN Extreme, and FCA to worry about, not to mention Missouri Valley Eclipse, Lady Bulldogs and MBA Select and making it through pool play yourself. This is the second time I have seen you post about the Trotters at Murfreesboro. You can not judge these girls nor the coaching on one set of games. I appreciate the compliment about being a good team but surely you didn't just watch the Trotters in Murfreesboro. Don't let us feel so priviledged. Post on someone else for awhile.

I assume you are with TN Express, which leads me to wonder why you are being so critical of the Lady Trotters. You have TN Extreme, and FCA to worry about, not to mention Missouri Valley Eclipse, Lady Bulldogs and MBA Select and making it through pool play yourself. This is the second time I have seen you post about the Trotters at Murfreesboro. You can not judge these girls nor the coaching on one set of games. I appreciate the compliment about being a good team but surely you didn't just watch the Trotters in Murfreesboro. Don't let us feel so priviledged. Post on someone else for awhile.

Firstly, your assumption about being with the TN Express is incorrect. I am a huge fan of their's however. Secondly, I wasn't trying to be critcal. Out of the teams at Murfreesboro, the Trotters were not there to play as a team and were, in my opinion, very unorganized. I meant what I said about them being a good team but I stand by the statement that they need to get it together. As I also said, I am no coach but I do know the game. I played in college, My daughter played in college and now my granddaughter is playing and I love the sport. I would like nothing more than to see all the Tennessee teams go to Missouri and place in the top 16 but if the Trotters don't get it together and reign their players in as well as make good use of all their players then I don't see them getting there. I hope they get back to where they were

Firstly, your assumption about being with the TN Express is incorrect. I am a huge fan of their's however. Secondly, I wasn't trying to be critcal. Out of the teams at Murfreesboro, the Trotters were not there to play as a team and were, in my opinion, very unorganized. I meant what I said about them being a good team but I stand by the statement that they need to get it together. As I also said, I am no coach but I do know the game. I played in college, My daughter played in college and now my granddaughter is playing and I love the sport. I would like nothing more than to see all the Tennessee teams go to Missouri and place in the top 16 but if the Trotters don't get it together and reign their players in as well as make good use of all their players then I don't see them getting there. I hope they get back to where they were

I totally agree with everything you are saying. I have watched the Trotters play several times and have been impressed with their team. I also watched them play in Murfreesboro and it looked like a totally different team. The Lady Trotter organization is a "class act". I have heard those girls have fought hard this season with only 7 players. They are a group of very talented girls. You can tell they have had some very good coaching. I also hope things change for them before they get to Springfield. They will do well in Nationals if they play like they did at State.

I believe the Trotters were a couple of girls short in Murfreesboro. The Sliverdecker girl was not there and she has scored up to a third of their points in some games. One of the pick-ups from the Raiders was not there either. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the coach in Murfreesboro was not the same guy who coached them in State?