2006 AAU Nationals

I believe the Trotters were a couple of girls short in Murfreesboro. The Sliverdecker girl was not there and she has scored up to a third of their points in some games. One of the pick-ups from the Raiders was not there either. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the coach in Murfreesboro was not the same guy who coached them in State?

I think you are correct. The coach was different and I don't know names but I remember faces. They had 8 players there. I recognized the dark haired, tall girl from being with the TN Raiders. She did ok rebounding but she seemed a little lost on offense. Maybe she should have been subbing in and out to give the regular girls a break while the ones that knew where to go and what to do did most of the work. I didn't recognize the other new girl that was with them. The other girl that sat the bench, that was the usual post player, was a regular. My opinion is, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. If it's working with seven either leave it at seven or if you pick up, make sure it's gonna work. That's a lot of changes in a short time. Maybe they'll work it out by Nationals.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are correct. The coach was different and I don't know names but I remember faces. They had 8 players there. I recognized the dark haired, tall girl from being with the TN Raiders. She did ok rebounding but she seemed a little lost on offense. Maybe she should have been subbing in and out to give the regular girls a break while the ones that knew where to go and what to do did most of the work. I didn't recognize the other new girl that was with them. The other girl that sat the bench, that was the usual post player, was a regular. My opinion is, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. If it's working with seven either leave it at seven or if you pick up, make sure it's gonna work. That's a lot of changes in a short time. Maybe they'll work it out by Nationals.

The man that is now coaching the 11u Trotter team is not their regular coach. In Murfreesboro, that gentlemen was also coaching the 13U Lady Trotter team. It seems they have had some coaching issues. I wish those girls the best of luck. They are a talented group of girls who can place very well in the National tournament. They must play like that Trotter team we watched at the beginning of the season.

I wish those girls the best of luck. They are a talented group of girls who can place very well in the National tournament. They must play like that Trotter team we watched at the beginning of the season.

In my opinion, the Trotters have one of the toughest pool battles of all the Tennessee teams going. Not only are they in the pool with last years #7 Oklahoma Select, they are also sharing the pool with last years #5 Georgia Pistols. They will most likely have to beat one of these teams to even advance to the Championship bracket. Looks like the Trotters did not receive much reward for being our State Runner-up.

In my opinion, the Trotters have one of the toughest pool battles of all the Tennessee teams going. Not only are they in the pool with last years #7 Oklahoma Select, they are also sharing the pool with last years #5 Georgia Pistols. They will most likely have to beat one of these teams to even advance to the Championship bracket. Looks like the Trotters did not receive much reward for being our State Runner-up.

what age group are you talking about?

I know how I would play this group of girls, but I am curious as to how you would TNFAN. You seem fairly knowledgable of them. Personally, I would use the original team and use the pick up girls for breathers. This is based on what I saw of them last. I just don't see how they would have time to get it down unless they are practicing daily.

I know how I would play this group of girls, but I am curious as to how you would TNFAN. You seem fairly knowledgable of them. Personally, I would use the original team and use the pick up girls for breathers. This is based on what I saw of them last. I just don't see how they would have time to get it down unless they are practicing daily.

tnt_express,

I don't think you can judge them by the Murfreesboro torunament because even if you leave the pick ups out of the picture, they didn't have one of their core players there and they had a different coach. I also haven't seen the guard they picked up from the Raiders, so it's not really fair for me answer this one. The two questions I would like to know, is which coach is taking them to Springfield and will all the girls be going?

tnt_express,

I don't think you can judge them by the Murfreesboro torunament because even if you leave the pick ups out of the picture, they didn't have one of their core players there and they had a different coach. I also haven't seen the guard they picked up from the Raiders, so it's not really fair for me answer this one. The two questions I would like to know, is which coach is taking them to Springfield and will all the girls be going?

I suppose you have a point but I never was a big fan of picking up players especially if you have a good thing going. Plus, if they have changed coaches it would make it even harder to adjust. As far as which coach will be going I couldn't tell you. Maybe one of the trotter parents/coach(es) will answer that one.

I suppose you have a point but I never was a big fan of picking up players especially if you have a good thing going. Plus, if they have changed coaches it would make it even harder to adjust. As far as which coach will be going I couldn't tell you. Maybe one of the trotter parents/coach(es) will answer that one.

As I read these posts, I, personally, appreciate everyones concern but the Trotters intend on being there ready for whatever may come their way. All the girls, as far as I know, will be in attendance. The core players as well as the pick-ups. As for the coach, It doesn't matter which coach comes, the players have made the adjustments they need and will be ready. I really don't understand how we got the wonderful pool we got but we'll work through it. Good luck to all the Tennessee teams. See y'all there.

As I read these posts, I, personally, appreciate everyones concern but the Trotters intend on being there ready for whatever may come their way. All the girls, as far as I know, will be in attendance. The core players as well as the pick-ups. As for the coach, It doesn't matter which coach comes, the players have made the adjustments they need and will be ready. I really don't understand how we got the wonderful pool we got but we'll work through it. Good luck to all the Tennessee teams. See y'all there.

Just one last explaination...I believe the only way your pool turned out the way it did is that every pool has a last years top 16 team seed in it, which means the Oklahoma Select did two things, first they finished tied for #7 last year which gave their State a number 7 seed. Second, they must have won their State this year in order to keep their #7 seed. As for the Georgia Pistols, they finished tied for #5 last year to give their State a #5 seed, however, they must have not won their State this year and someone else from Georgia received the #5 Seed and was placed in another pool with 3 un-seeded teams......but the bad news is, this still doesn't change the fact that they were good enough to finish tied for #5 last year. It looks to me like AAU should consider these situations and have some type of seed order beyond #16 and any team which did not keep their seed through their State should still have a seed factored in based on that they were a top 16 team last year. 'sport_dad', I wasn't trying to be a Trotter Basher, I thought the girls held teams like TN Express and FCA to close margins in Murfreesboro and should be commended even though they didn't win. I have the up most respect for the Trotter organization and hope you have a wonderful outcome in Springfield.

Just one last explaination...I believe the only way your pool turned out the way it did is that every pool has a last years top 16 team seed in it, which means the Oklahoma Select did two things, first they finished tied for #7 last year which gave their State a number 7 seed. Second, they must have won their State this year in order to keep their #7 seed. As for the Georgia Pistols, they finished tied for #5 last year to give their State a #5 seed, however, they must have not won their State this year and someone else from Georgia received the #5 Seed and was placed in another pool with 3 un-seeded teams......but the bad news is, this still doesn't change the fact that they were good enough to finish tied for #5 last year. It looks to me like AAU should consider these situations and have some type of seed order beyond #16 and any team which did not keep their seed through their State should still have a seed factored in based on that they were a top 16 team last year. 'sport_dad', I wasn't trying to be a Trotter Basher, I thought the girls held teams like TN Express and FCA to close margins in Murfreesboro and should be commended even though they didn't win. I have the up most respect for the Trotter organization and hope you have a wonderful outcome in Springfield.

TNFAN, I know you weren't trying to bash the Trotters. I don't think I have ever seen a post from you that you were actually trying to bash anyone. :( However, the redundancy of what tnt_express was saying was starting to get a little old. :lol: I happen to agree with some of the things said and not others. As far as I am concerned, there isn't anything posted that is truly bad. The coach for the 11U girls in Missouri will be the 13U coach that was with them at Murfreesboro. Just to clarify for tnt_express, the Murfreesboro weekend happened to be the first weekend that he was with them and they had only practiced together with him as coach for 2 or 3 practices. As for the core players not seeing playing time, I don't think that that will be the case in Springfield. The 3 pick-ups had to get their feet wet with the Trotters and what better time to do that than in tournies that don't really count for anything other than honing skills. I also hope that not just our organization but all the TN organizations do well Springfield. :(