14u Team looking for players for fall and 2007 spring softball

BigJ

Chattanooga area 14u team looking for a few players willing to play a lot and work hard. Need 3 - 5 players as we are making a jump to 14u. We will be a 13 year old team and would like to pickup 13 year old players so that we can stay together. Anyone who has any interest please respond. Thanks......

• 5 weeks later...

I know. I think the thought of a new team scares a lot of people off. Most girls in our area want to try out for a Frost Falcons or Austin Eagles instead of giving a team like mine or yours a chance. We played the Eagles this past year and split with them and we had 3 12's, 5 11's, and 3 10's on our 12U team while they were all 11's except for 1 12. Good Luck in finding the players you are looking for. Did you play any tournaments in the Tullahoma/Manchester area this year?

No, the team that I have is a rec team that was thrown together by the league. They didn't have a coach, so the league president asked me if I would coach. I asked my daughter Becky if she wanted to help, so we did. We won the Libby Wells Memorial Tournament in Columbia and came in 2nd in the season. We knocked out the undefeated first place team by winning the last 4 in a row games as we fell into the loser bracket. The last 3 games were on the same night. With only 9 players in town, our shortstop got hit under her left eye during a throw down in the first inning of the first game and had to leave to get several stitches put in at the hospital. We won that game and the next with only 8 players, with the 9th batter automatically out of course. (I think that is a stupid rule.) She came back and played the last game. Her mom said she (the shortstop) kept telling the ER staff to hurry up, that she had a ball game to get back to. She has my vote for tough girl of the year! We had 5 girls that had little to no experience playing fastpitch softball and 3 will stay down in the 12u division next year. We are very proud of these girls for their determination! :)

Still looking for 2 players fill our fall and summer travel roster. Time is running out so if you are interested please respond....

When do you start fall? I could have a player who could start October 1, earliest. Pitcher-infielder-outfielder. Played local ball most of the season, played with Vipers 12-under out of Ringgold last two tournaments.