Cookeville and White Co

seven777

777 if sparta beats cookeville i will be very suprised.....i mean there is always a chance.......but not much of one.... you say that sparta has lots of talent,but you say the coach is no good and doesnt do the right things with the boys.Well seeing as ya'll have the same coach as last year and he doesnt do the right things still, even if you have all the talent in the world, the boys can't do it all. Now Cookeville does have talent and a very good coach to go with it. That's why they are successful year after year. Sure White Co. had talent last year , but ill admit that all ya'll had in my opinion last year was some big lineman, a talented lineman playing running back, and a good reciever. No offense, but unless there have been transfers to White Co., then i don't see ya'll beating the Cavs. :lol:

Pioneer ...you make an excellant point. Ihave to admit that the best asessment by someone outside of Wc that I have heard.

Although I agree with you I think WC has a good-fair chance because I believe the coach has to win or he will lose the few fans he has left.

Pioneer ---thanks for the honest observation. :lol:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there is no way you could beat us last year or the year before or before or before. Thi season is your only hope.

Not so fast, my friend. It wasn't that long ago that we actually led Cookeville with only a couple of minutes left in the game. At Cookeville.

And I don't know what that guy is talking about when he says we don't have a good coach. We have a great coach. Maybe not as good as Joslin, but pretty darn good.

Not so fast, my friend. It wasn't that long ago that we actually led Cookeville with only a couple of minutes left in the game. At Cookeville.

And I don't know what that guy is talking about when he says we don't have a good coach. We have a great coach. Maybe not as good as Joslin, but pretty darn good.

Lets not go tooooooo far now warrior, you said "we have a great coach". Now you have no credibility at all.

A great coach would have done things alot different the last 4 yrs. A great coach would inspire young men to want to go out for the team. A great coach inspires his fellow coaches not ....i cant say it. I played for Brown and others and I can tell you he did not motivate me in any way. By the way what happend to coach heady from last year?d That says it all.

Be careful warrior, I love your loyalty to WC but you know as well as I do he is not a Great coach. Capable yes, good...in my opinion no, great....no way.

Pioneer ...you make an excellant point. Ihave to admit that the best asessment by someone outside of Wc that I have heard.

Although I agree with you I think WC has a good-fair chance because I believe the coach has to win or he will lose the few fans he has left.

Pioneer ---thanks for the honest observation. B)

Now your coach will get a taste of Warren Co. coaching.....lol we've went through many coaches in the past and the coach we have now has the will to fire up the boys and can work some magic......i remember my freshman year when our old coach had to win or else it meant his job....hope it doesnt come down to that for your coach :( but i know what we have been through before and i do wish the best of luck to your Warriors this year......until it comes time for Warren Co. to play them ;) ...lol best of luck to ya ;)

Lets not go tooooooo far now warrior, you said "we have a great coach". Now you have no credibility at all.

Let's see. He took Bledsoe County to a state title (IIRC), he took us to the postseason twice. We went over .500 last year. We even (briefly) made the AP Top Ten for 4A. Compared to Coach Lamb, the guy is a veritable Bill Parcells.

A great coach would have done things alot different the last 4 yrs. A great coach would inspire young men to want to go out for the team.

Well, in Coach Brown's first season here, there were only three seniors on the team. From what I could determine from hearing the ones who quit speak, it was because Brown was much less "chummy" and lackadaisical with them than Lamb was. So, that's a good thing. It took a while to weed out the deadwood, but it seems that he's been successful with it of late.

I played for Brown and others and I can tell you he did not motivate me in any way.

Perhaps you should have tried to motivate yourself. As they say "the gods help those who help themselves". And maybe your "lack of motivation" is what caused you to remain on the bench all the time, leading to your blaming the coach. Just a thought.

And anyway, it is disrespectful of you to be saying things like this about your coach, even if he is no longer your coach.

By the way what happend to coach heady from last year?d That says it all.

I have no idea what happened to Coach Heady. I prefer not to speculate.

Be careful warrior, I love your loyalty to WC but you know as well as I do he is not a Great coach. Capable yes, good...in my opinion no, great....no way.

I have no evidence that he is "not a great coach". From the perspective of a person who only wants to see White County succeed, and looking at what he has done, I will say that I do think he has done a great job so far. The primary job of a football coach is to win. We are winning. We are competing for regional titles. What more can you ask for?

It has been my observation that when a coach stops trying to motivte a player seven777 , its because he can't line up and is hopeless. :lol:

I think you all are missing the point. He doesnt motivate his TEAM, for example and maybe it will be different for the guys this year but for me and my teamates who played for him ended up motivating each other because we knew he wouldnt try to. All coaches worth their weight from what I understand have moments for their teams to inspire them to do better. This is just my opinion.

Can you imagine what we could have done last year with a coach Joslin type personality. WOW