Oneida?

WrittenWord

Kaz, nah nothing particularly against Oneida, but here are a few reasons on the other 4.

Harriman—Loaded at skill positions and have a very solid line and throw in the 6'1)', 350-plus pound Brad Williams, who transferred in frim Florida and Travis Tapp has to be excited about the most talent he has had the opportunity to coach in 13 years of coaching.

Coalfield—the Jackets return one of their most talented senior classes in program history and what has to be one of the best coaching staffs in East Tennessee, along with a solid sophomore group and it adds for another exciting year at Coalfield. Plus the fact they have beaten the Indians four straight years.

Sunbright—the Tigers have one of their best senior classes ever with several playmakers and a front line that averages well over 240 pounds and they should be hard to handle this season.

Midway—After a so-so 2005 season, the Greenwaves return a of talented skill players (Ray Robinson and Seth Lyles) and Coach Moser always has his kids playing hard.

Just my take on things right now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it,

1. Harriman/Coalfield- both teams have a boat load of talent but the injury bug could bite either or both teams and they could drop down to 2 or 3.

3. Oneida- will be stronger as a team this year (graduation for once is going to help) and back to the old Oneida Football offense. Coalfield, Sunbright, and Midway all have to come to Oneida this year so we should expect much better games.

4. Sunbright/Midway- teams will be ready for Brandon Thompson this year so there will not be any surprises and Midway got back several skilled players.

Just 15 days to go and then all of these predictions won't mean squat.

Sorry, had to step away. My theory behind my last observation is made because last season we were kind of watchers instead of doers. (does that make much sense?) :lol: I think these kids that are playing this season will take to the hunt because of a general lack of respect they are getting. That, too, is merited after our preformance from a season ago. They have something to prove, and I would think they will draw from the wealth of young players that have done very well over the last three Jr. High seasons. I'm telling people, they have some very gifted football players. :o Now if they would just change individual attitudes and git r done! The state championship team was exceedingly gifted, and collectively got things done. (perhaps we need to get back to that, boys) The schedule is favorable with the home games YDKM mentioned, two out of three should be enough there. That big road game against Harriman would be a nice feather in our cap, but you would be crazy if you think we will over-look Greenback. Best of luck to the boys this season.

:D Kaz :lol:

I think Oneida will get back in the playoffs because Midway is gonna be hurting on their line because they just don't have any HUGE linemen to help out Ray Robinson or Seth Lyles. Oneida does have something to prove and I don't see them missing the playoffs 2 years in a row, BUT with that said... I think Oneida will have to make a long journey to either Hampton or whoever finishes 2nd in that region and that's not going to be a cakewalk by any means.

Who is the offensive coodinator at Oneida this year? I keep hearing things and getting bits of information here and there, but still no solid info. Somebody enlighten me. No Wamp, Know Endzone! :lol: Heard that one the other day, thought I would share it. I certainly hope the new OC has better luck in this department than the last one.

:lol: Kazzy :unsure:

Oneida came out a bit sluggish especially on offense,and got there acts together later on..Defense played very well after that first drive. One or 2 big plays by CG's Offense.Buttram scored on a Long pass play for oneida, and the Freshman squad scored once as well.

Both teams played and hit hard, Good effort from the gap and oneida

Who is the offensive coodinator at Oneida this year? I keep hearing things and getting bits of information here and there, but still no solid info. Somebody enlighten me. No Wamp, Know Endzone! B) Heard that one the other day, thought I would share it. I certainly hope the new OC has better luck in this department than the last one.

:lol: Kazzy :thumb:

Doesn't matter who the OC is. Oneida will play terrific defense and won't have to score alot of points.