Lenoir, Maryville Heritage, Rhea County scrimmage

sportsfan23

Rhea County looked the best of the 3 teams. Neither Lenoir City or Hertiage just didn't have anything for the short passes and swing passes that rhea county ran. Heritage and Lenoir City both are decent. Heritage has a pretty good passing QB and a good RB but their defense was a little shady. Lenoir City they are a little small and I really can't say much because there was no one that just really stood out and made the big play. I will say Lenoir City was a very friendly host to use and helpful.

I also got to watch some of the Rhea County vs. Heritage Freshman Game. Both teams looked pretty good, but rhea county had the depth. Rhea County has a few very solid Running Backs, and they just pounded the ball up the middle. They didn't run many passing plays but when they did they scored. On defense rhea county is pretty stout. Heritage has some questions in the Lines but overall they are not to bad. Rhea County's Freshman QB J.T. Stone had to go to the hospital to get X-rays on his wrist but from what I heard it is not broke. It's either a hair-line fracture or just a bad bruise

Edited by Rhea Co.

I went to the scrimmage and was very impressed with the qb play of Rhea. He was on the money and cannot remember one pick that he threw. As far as their defense, yea stout. I think that out of 40 plays plus they gave up one gain of over ten yards.

The freshman looked tough as well, it looks like they may have something to build on.