TSSAA RULES

does TSSAA still make coaches sign the slip saying they wont recrute. what would be the steps to to proving a school is recruting..

Define recruiting ? There are standards and rules of attendence that are required of a player within the TSSAA rules for high school play. Look on their web site and it shold tell you what the rules are about schools "recruiting". Certain private schools are allowed to offer financial aid toward tuition for student/players within those rules. But any school or coach can approach a player about playing for them as long as they meet the TSSAA requirements relating to place of residency. If I am wrong about this I am sure someone will correct me on here.

Define recruiting ? There are standards and rules of attendence that are required of a player within the TSSAA rules for high school play. Look on their web site and it shold tell you what the rules are about schools "recruiting". Certain private schools are allowed to offer financial aid toward tuition for student/players within those rules. But any school or coach can approach a player about playing for them as long as they meet the TSSAA requirements relating to place of residency. If I am wrong about this I am sure someone will correct me on here.

Very wrong. No coach can approach a student in any school other than his/her own for any reason. Any contact made by the coach first is illegal. If you are trying to prove a school is recruiting the best way is to make sure you have concrete evidence and submit it to the TSSAA representative assigned to your region.

Edited by govols78