Morristown East Football

BIGR35

what will East run? I hear Hatcher likes to run the wish-bone. But he has a good QB and dependable WRs.

I was under the assumption that East dumped Smith in order to promote Billy Seals.....who could've gone elsewhere - possibly. But turns out someone else had something else in mind.

Will Seals be on staff this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Morristown East look really good in the 2nd Half friday night. With no player playing both way, East worn down karns.We need to work on our passing game,

we will need it latter this season. Go Canes!

How many players does East have on the squad this year? It is impressive if they don't have to play anyone both ways - not many schools have that luxury. The new coach must have stirred some interest and got more players on the team.

East is solid. I would expect to see good things for the Canes this year. Coach Seals is a professional. He did not get the job and is still working as hard as he can to make the team better. Coach Hatcher knows football. He is not running the wishbone. He does a lot out of that formation, but it is not true wishbone principles. Wishbone principles require zone blocking. Coach Hatcher uses a man on man blocking scheme. Morristown East opponents are going to have a hrad time preparing for this team. East did not complete 1 pass last Friday. (Neither did Karns...first time for me seeing that) I bet Brad Ramsey gets it going against Crockett. Everyone in the IMAC knows Brad can throw. I would not be surprised to see the Canes at around 7-3 or better at the end of the year. They have some athletes in their sophomore class that are awesome.

Edited by Ed Masters

East is solid. I would expect to see good things for the Canes this year. Coach Seals is a professional. He did not get the job and is still working as hard as he can to make the team better. Coach Hatcher knows football. He is not running the wishbone. He does a lot out of that formation, but it is not true wishbone principles. Wishbone principles require zone blocking. Coach Hatcher uses a man on man blocking scheme. Morristown East opponents are going to have a hrad time preparing for this team. East did not complete 1 pass last Friday. (Neither did Karns...first time for me seeing that) I bet Brad Ramsey gets it going against Crockett. Everyone in the IMAC knows Brad can throw. I would not be surprised to see the Canes at around 7-3 or better at the end of the year. They have some athletes in their sophomore class that are awesome.

The Canes are indeed fortunate to have kept coach Seals. He has a good mind for the game is enthusiastic and is a no nonsense coach with some dicipline. The key to the Karns victory was Seals defense completly shutting down the Beavers in the second half, giving the offense the opportunity to get it done, and of course the big plays from Dockery. Coach Hatcher has also instilled more dicipline in the program which it sorely needed, but time will tell if he is the man to get the program back to competing against West year in and year out.

In Brad's defense of completing zero passes against Karns when you only throw the ball 5 times it is hard to get into sync, not only as a QB but as a receiver as well. Brad is as dangerous with his feet as he is with his arm as he is faster than most give him credit for, but they have to be able to pass as well as throw against the best teams.