Lake County

bballchamps

The Falcons were very sloppy offensively tonight. Lost to Covington 13-0. Had a good opening drive that was killed by penalties. Covington basically scored on two big plays. One was a wing back counter and then the other came of a trap after a falcon fumble on their own 30 yard line. These two scores came in the last 4 minutes of a 12 minute Quarter. Gibson Co. ended 0-0 but LC dominated. The Falcons had 3 fumbles and a dropped pass to kill drives. The backs must hold on to the ball better, especially in slick conditions like tonight. Defense dominated Gibson Co. only play they broke was the last play of the quarter when the Falcons were in prevent. Overall there were brigth spots but too many mistakes to beat a good ball team. Must go to work these next two weeks to get ready for the season. Go Falcons!!

The Falcons were very sloppy offensively tonight. Lost to Covington 13-0. Had a good opening drive that was killed by penalties. Covington basically scored on two big plays. One was a wing back counter and then the other came of a trap after a falcon fumble on their own 30 yard line. These two scores came in the last 4 minutes of a 12 minute Quarter. Gibson Co. ended 0-0 but LC dominated. The Falcons had 3 fumbles and a dropped pass to kill drives. The backs must hold on to the ball better, especially in slick conditions like tonight. Defense dominated Gibson Co. only play they broke was the last play of the quarter when the Falcons were in prevent. Overall there were brigth spots but too many mistakes to beat a good ball team. Must go to work these next two weeks to get ready for the season. Go Falcons!!

Wardawg --

I noticed you said the conditions were slick -- how bad was the weather? It held off here for the most part and we got the Knoxville jamboree in with no problem, but I was wondering how much rain y'all got down that way. It rained on me all the way back to K-ville on Thursday, so I figured we'd get a ton, but it held off.

I talked to my dad and he pretty much echoed what you said about the game -- great defense, sloppy on offense, fumbles cost us big-time. I guess we can take some comfort in knowing that tonight doesn't mean a thing as far as the season goes. As tough as the weather has been, I'm sure the guys will enjoy a couple days off and then get back to work on Monday.

What's the latest injury report?

Wes, we did not get alot of rain but the Field at D'burg was soaked. I guess from earlier rains. Chester hit it on the head in that we did not play to our full potential. So some nice things in the passing game but must provide better protection. Everything negative can be improved on Two weeks till first game the Falcons need to roll up their sleeves and work to get better at execution.

lake looked good coach b need to work on holding on to the football... lake also needs to use the pass to open up the midline and boots but all for all they looked good.. did anyone get to stay for the dyersburg game. the caldwell kid rushed for over 100 against halls.

yea i stayed for the first dyersburg game and half of the second. caldwell is simply amazing!! the first 2 times he touched the ball he got 2 touchdowns! he is the truth! i think those were the only 2 carries he got the whole night! he is an amazing player

:D

yea i stayed for the first dyersburg game and half of the second. caldwell is simply amazing!! the first 2 times he touched the ball he got 2 touchdowns! he is the truth! i think those were the only 2 carries he got the whole night! he is an amazing player

:o the boy is smoking fast if he gets through the front line he is going to score. i got a chance to watch him some as a soph he did great. if he gets the ball as much as he did last season look out state rushing records.. as for the lake county game coach b the guys didnt look bad just a little rusty. i was hoping to see more out of springer the all state qb.... i hope he passes and rushes for over 1000 each.. copland needs to be blocking on the o-line he is as good blocker the only week point is your linr am i right . the guys looked good i herd mckenzie beat crocket does that worry u