How is everyone feeling about South-Doyle this year?

MattSD06

I saw SD at the KOC football jamboree Friday night and saw some strong points with the Cherokees. They seem to have some young talent that could be molded into something. But the question is will that talent be molded this year or somewhere down the line? This year, unlike last, the offense seemed to have some kind of an ability to actually stay on the field and give their defense a rest. In one quarter of play last year the Kees would have turned the ball over atleast twice but they seemed to do rather well maintaining posession. However, South Doyle does not appear to have a great signal caller in Johnathon Mitchell. The kid seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and completed some nice passes due to good decision making but has no arm strength whatsoever. But aside from that the backfield and receiving corps seem to be a solid, fairly talented bunch for SD. The defense though, well........that is another story. They showed some ability to stop the run game but there were many holes in the secondary that the opposing QB found and punished them for their careless mistakes. The Cherokees just seem to be big play prone. They hold for a few then the other team always seems to find a way to bust one wide open. SD will also find themselves oversized this year as well. They were pretty small at all positions. But getting to the point now what is everyones prediction on the Cherokees this year? Does anyone think this team has a chance in brutal 3-4A? Can they atleast climb out of the cellar and find themselves middle of the pack or will it be another year filled with gloom?

SD should feel good if they can win 3-4 games. Gonna be some ugly blowout losses though with Maryville, Central and SC on the schedule not too mention Powell & Halls.

Yeah, I would have to say that I agree with that, but I do have to say they look much more solid this year, I don't think they're QB is going to throw and interception every other pass but I could settle on 3-7, they should be able to handle Clinton and Gibbs and I would think they had a decent shot at Lenoir City. No Hightower. I'm not sure I'd rule out Carter either, but I'm not sure about them except that I know they lost a lot of players including Stanton, Taylor, and Littlejohn, but we'll see about that one so as for now I'll settle with 3-7.