alcoafan72

Gee professor , you make one classy post , then you follow it up by attacking Maryville's head coach . You call FBEmeritus a hater ... well just what in the world are you ? You just referred to rednecks , threw darts at the Maryville coaching staff , attacked a Maryville fan for simply stating his opinion , and also characterized all Tennesseeans in a negative light , while at the same time thumping your own chest . Practice what you preach , you have done nothing but undermine the feelings of brotherhood between these 2 communities .

Geez can you guys not read? The first redneck statement wasn't mine- I just responded in kind. I never attacked GQ- I just stated that he is no saint and I stand by that because of an incident involving he, another coach and members of my family (details not forthcoming at this time because I believe in protecting these kids) with that said-I grew up here so I know full well the mentality of most(whites or blacks) in these two communities. I am proud of my Tennessee roots, but there are still some things that I wish would change in this here neck of the woods. Like why my cousin felt so sick everytime he ran out on the field under the banner of a rebel flag or why after the city condemned the Hall community pool for lack of funds they all of a sudden found money to make improvements to the pool in springbrook or how all of the so called community minded would allow drugs to ravish such a small 13 block patch of real estate etc. etc. etc. I welcome all opinions especially Maryville fans, but could we get a little reciprocity on the board. You guys get so rabid that you brow beat everybody who is not a Rebel fan, attack the integrity of kids who are not Maryville players and the list goes on- look in the mirror, better yet look at some of the post from your brother (sister) rebels with an unbiased eye. FBE is correct on one thing Alcoa is a 2A team and the best in the state until proven otherwise and the same goes for the neighboring 4A team. Personally on Friday I will be cheering for both sides-may the best team win and whoever that might be I'll be satisfied in knowing that when it's all said and done at least two gold balls will be coming back to Blount County.

Announcements