McMinn Co. (1-1) @ Cleveland (2-0)

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

any scrimmage kick whether it is a punt or field goal is treated like a punt. the defense can field the kick, as long as it doesn't reach the end zone, and return it or the offensive team can down it. it should have been downed on the 1.

take nothing away from cleveland. they will win many games this year and probably go far in the playoffs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any scrimmage kick whether it is a punt or field goal is treated like a punt. the defense can field the kick, as long as it doesn't reach the end zone, and return it or the offensive team can down it. it should have been downed on the 1.

take nothing away from cleveland. they will win many games this year and probably go far in the playoffs.

oh ok, so cleveland could have returned that...well i learned something new, thanks for clearing that up

If you remember several years ago Bradley did not have a good punter so when it was 4th down and a punting situation they would send their FG team out to attempt a FG. Where ever the ball was touched by the kicking team it was downed @ that point unless obviously the defense chose to return it just like a punt. I was going nuts in the stands as was the coaching staff from McMinn when the official decided to give Cleveland the ball @ the 20. They clearly missed that one, I just hope their supervisor has made them aware of it so that crew does not do it again.

Edited by TribeFan