Halls vs Gibbs

ProVol90

Just like I said last week - Halls and Powell with identical records, 1-2. Great game Devils, 48-6 never saw it coming THAT bad. Yes Large was/is a decent QB, but dropped passes and better speed than Gibbs. Plus, tradition! I think I know how many times Gibbs has won in this game, but somebody (other than me) print it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suprisingingly, I was at the game the last time Gibbs won and was in college at that time so I'm old enough.

I'm also glad you don't see the streak ending anytime soon cause when it does, whether this year or not, it'll hurt that much more knowing you lost to your neighbors to the East.

Until tomorrow night and play safe.

Correction, people in Gibbs are wearing shoes to school now. Gibbs grads even go to college and pee indoors occasionally. Gibbs football is never going to get any better until there is a coaching change. Its been the same thing for 26 years. Gibbs can compete with the Union Co, Rutledge and such teams. Gibbs has a Halls and a Powell grad who cannot coach with the big boys.

Gibbs last winning season was in 1997. Two years before that was the other winnig season in memory. Halls has a winning football tradition. Gibbs cannot compete equally with any of the Knoxville schools. Kids in Gibbs play football for the love of the game and in spite of the coaching staff.

Like everyone said earlier, the Red Devils pulled some things together last night. It shows what Coop and Dayton can do with a little bit of time to work, granted it was Gibbs but if they can get some blocking I think they can do that more often. What a night for Dayton with 3 TD's and 2 interceptions. This was a good win and the fact it was a blowout is even better. This should be a confidence builder for the young Halls team going into the game with West. The winner of this game usually gets in the playoffs and the loser doesn't. Great win for the devils!

As Always....Go Big Red!

Wow! I was shocked.Where did this come from. After Large won prep Xtra player of the week last week for throwing over 300 yards. He still had a good game but it was Julian's defense that wore on Gibbs. We got good pressure and when the receivers caught the ball they got tackled and manhandled. I thought Halls had the quickness last night that they had lacked in the first two games.

Running game and Passing game was outstanding. 48 points I would never have believed it. The coaches did position Cooper to excel. He threw for 250 yards what a night for him. No time to relax a big game coming up with West. This will show Halls were they really are. :thumb: