Tigers defeat Notre Dame(boo-ya haters)... Whats wrong with McMinn Cen

BigD21

A lot of good points. I think Charlie would make a great addition to a team because the way he's framed they can mold him into what they want. Too slow? Throw 40 lbs on him and put him at end. See what I mean? You do this for a living so I'm sure you know wht your talkin about. The thing with Maddron is speed. He's got good hands, runs good routes, coachable, but in my opinion he's slow and would get just flat out covered up in the next level. Once again, stick him with a college speed coach and see what might happen. Rayle has a good future ahead of him if he plays it right. He'll probably top out at 6'4" 200lbs before he graduates. Also, excellent speed for a freshman.

Both Mobriant and Maddron can drop .2 second off their 40 time in a few weeks with some proper speed coaching, which they would get in college. Shuttle times are more relevant to the colleges, though, but most smaller high schools don't do that. The reactionary times from each of Mobriant and Maddron (when Maddron was on defense) appeared to be very good, so that's a huge plus.

I still think Mr. Mobriant will play MLB in college. He's obviously been in the weightroom a lot and is very strong, therefore he can plug the middle well. Lateral footwork drills will help him a lot and will allow him to cover a running play tackle to tackle, or a tight end roaming across the middle. Again, these improvements will come in college. A lot of the SEC coaches see a lot of different things they want in a player they recruit. Who knows, Mr. Mobriant may end up at DE.....but I doubt it because if he bulks up too much he would probably lose the speed he would need to be a rush DE.

And the things you said about Mr. Maddron "got good hands, runs good routes, and very coachable" are EXACTLY what colleges want in a "possession" receiver. He's not a post pattern receiver, but he is the receiver you want to throw to when you have to have a first down. His pattern running was superb in the aspect that he blocked first and just sort of slipped off as if he had done his job of blocking....then bang, he caught the ball. He's very deceptive on his route intentions, and that's something that even college receivers have a hard time disguising. Honestly, I was wondering why they didn't throw a couple more balls to him. Remember Bobby Graham that played at Tennessee about 6 years ago? Not blessed with speed, but he was THE man you could depend on to catch the ball when it was imperative. And Bobby played with two receivers who are in the pros now....yet he was the one who the coaches had the most confidence in when thewy needed to throw ffor the first down.

I'm not always right, but my track record is pretty good at spotting talent and potential. There's a lot more games in this area for me to watch in person, and I've already started watching some gamefilms. I do hope to see Meigs again. I always enjoy coming to Decatur and seeing the hometown pride. Best of all is that the young men who play at Meigs are very good, respectable young men, and that's not something you see at the majority of high school programs.....even in this area.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Mobriant and Maddron can drop .2 second off their 40 time in a few weeks with some proper speed coaching, which they would get in college. Shuttle times are more relevant to the colleges, though, but most smaller high schools don't do that. The reactionary times from each of Mobriant and Maddron (when Maddron was on defense) appeared to be very good, so that's a huge plus.

I still think Mr. Mobriant will play MLB in college. He's obviously been in the weightroom a lot and is very strong, therefore he can plug the middle well. Lateral footwork drills will help him a lot and will allow him to cover a running play tackle to tackle, or a tight end roaming across the middle. Again, these improvements will come in college. A lot of the SEC coaches see a lot of different things they want in a player they recruit. Who knows, Mr. Mobriant may end up at DE.....but I doubt it because if he bulks up too much he would probably lose the speed he would need to be a rush DE.

And the things you said about Mr. Maddron "got good hands, runs good routes, and very coachable" are EXACTLY what colleges want in a "possession" receiver. He's not a post pattern receiver, but he is the receiver you want to throw to when you have to have a first down. His pattern running was superb in the aspect that he blocked first and just sort of slipped off as if he had done his job of blocking....then bang, he caught the ball. He's very deceptive on his route intentions, and that's something that even college receivers have a hard time disguising. Honestly, I was wondering why they didn't throw a couple more balls to him. Remember Bobby Graham that played at Tennessee about 6 years ago? Not blessed with speed, but he was THE man you could depend on to catch the ball when it was imperative. And Bobby played with two receivers who are in the pros now....yet he was the one who the coaches had the most confidence in when thewy needed to throw ffor the first down.

I'm not always right, but my track record is pretty good at spotting talent and potential. There's a lot more games in this area for me to watch in person, and I've already started watching some gamefilms. I do hope to see Meigs again. I always enjoy coming to Decatur and seeing the hometown pride. Best of all is that the young men who play at Meigs are very good, respectable young men, and that's not something you see at the majority of high school programs.....even in this area.

Over the summer Mobriant got up close to 260 and still moved pretty well. Obviously he had very little trouble shedding that weight in conditioning, now I think he's down around 230 or so.

If your looking for a good game in Decatur come back in week 7 when Polk and Meigs play, it should be the game to decide the region champion.

And the quality young men statement speaks volumes to the Meigs County coaching staff, teachers, and administration. They do a great job.

Meigs County defeats Notre Dame 25-7...Tigers take 1st in region!!

In other news... McMinn Central LOSES to Sequoyah 30-7! OUCH!!! Whats the deal with the Chargers???

In other news... McMinn Central LOSES to Sequoyah 30-7! OUCH!!! Whats the deal with the Chargers???

Guess you had a hard time climbing 5 flights of stairs. lol

I though M. Central was suppose to be back this year? well I guess not. Congrats Meigs, I cant wait till week 7. That will be a great game if we (P.C.) can survive Grundy and Howard which I think we will take both of them and if we upset Loudon. Could possibly be two top 10 teams playing.

I though M. Central was suppose to be back this year? well I guess not. Congrats Meigs, I cant wait till week 7. That will be a great game if we (P.C.) can survive Grundy and Howard which I think we will take both of them and if we upset Loudon. Could possibly be two top 10 teams playing.

Central just needs a coach who is determined to work hard and not run his mouth in pre-season. Pre-season talk is garbage, because normally if you talk the talk in pre-season, well ya, you cant walk the walk in the season. If you dont believe me ask Coach Derrick at M.C.