Jeff Co vs D-B

PatsFtbll9

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question is aimed at DB fans on this thread. I'm not looking for any Jeff Co. fans to jump on the band wagon here, nor do I want to see any comments for South fans.

There was a comment in the Kingsport Times this morning from a couple of the DB players regarding Jeff Co's #13...

From player #1: "McFalls statistics encouraged us to get after him ... we were schemed to beat them and we did". Okay, that's fine, but....

From player #2: "It slowed them down when McFall got hurt. We just wanted to hit him as many times as we could and get him out early".

Now what in heavens name does that mean?!! Some of you out there are apparently friends of these kids. What was on his mind when he said that? I don't personally believe that Coach Clark condones that type of thing. Have I totally misread what he meant?

Hello idiot,

getting someone out of a game is an expression used in sports quite frequently. It means neutralizing them so that they are ineffective. Quit trying to stir up trouble and go back to your little band world!

DBgrad, YOUR #'S BEEN CALLED!!!!!!!!

Hello idiot,

getting someone out of a game is an expression used in sports quite frequently. It means neutralizing them so that they are ineffective. Quit trying to stir up trouble and go back to your little band world!

DBgrad, YOUR #'S BEEN CALLED!!!!!!!!

You obviously OD'd on testostdrone or something this morning mr. #. Did you get it out of your system now big man? Or are you perhaps the young man in question or maybe even his daddy. That certainly would explain the extreme reaction.

I'm not the only one in this community that noticed the comment and thought it was over the edge. Besides, the question was settled by Mr. -catfish- and I think he would know. The kid made that comment after the JC player was injured. It was tasteless at best. Any other time, nobody would care.

So go take a dose of Progesterone or something to calm your nerves. Thankfully MY world has very little to do with football or band. Football seems to be too much of yours. Find something else to do with your life before you pop a cerebral artery.

Oh BTW, please address me as Mr. Idiot in the future. ;) Thanks for the response.

Edited by DBGRAD70

seriously how stupid are you, those were not qb draws. football isnt a stong point for you. no wonder you werent any good in high school.

Why don't you and JC4life just meet in some parking lot and beat the crap out of each other - it get's depressing reading post after post with the little cheap shot comments you show to each other. You may not like him but please don't make everyone suffer.

Been away for a while, but I couldn't let this pass. If anyone, and I mean anyone doesn't understand that every Friday night involves strategy like this, well....your naive at best. It isn't a matter of "hurting" someone". It's a matter of inflicting as much punishment as possible, as often as possible, until the goal (winning) is achieved. If the other team has a bell cow, the goal will always be to put as many helmets on him as possible until he is beaten into submission. As coaches say, "make him not want it anymore. Make him limp back to that bench and quit." You don't have to like it, but that's the plan for every team, every week. I'm sure Tennessee High has a stud that can hurt D-B, and I'm sure the defense will want to pulverize him on every play. That's how you win, you eliminate the threat. That's what makes football different than any other game and that's why men play it.

This question is aimed at DB fans on this thread. I'm not looking for any Jeff Co. fans to jump on the band wagon here, nor do I want to see any comments for South fans.

There was a comment in the Kingsport Times this morning from a couple of the DB players regarding Jeff Co's #13...

From player #1: "McFalls statistics encouraged us to get after him ... we were schemed to beat them and we did". Okay, that's fine, but....

From player #2: "It slowed them down when McFall got hurt. We just wanted to hit him as many times as we could and get him out early".

Now what in heavens name does that mean?!! Some of you out there are apparently friends of these kids. What was on his mind when he said that? I don't personally believe that Coach Clark condones that type of thing. Have I totally misread what he meant?

If I read correctly what this player's mindset is then this is one of those things that needs to be fixed to improve the team. If he meant what he said then he needs to set out a game. Everybody talks about class. This is not it.

Other than that, this is truly one of the greatest DB teams I have ever seen. And yes, maybe the best. I am convinced. But if this team is to go to the state and with some luck - wins, I think we would all like to feel like it was done right - with great sportsmanship. Neutralizing a players effectiveness is a good thing. Going a step beyond that is not. Not only does this type of behavior risk the opposing team member, it also put those hitting him in excessive risk. Just not worth it.

All right, now let me have it.

Why don't you and JC4life just meet in some parking lot and beat the crap out of each other - it get's depressing reading post after post with the little cheap shot comments you show to each other. You may not like him but please don't make everyone suffer.

I suggest the K-Mart parking lot. Lots of room to run.

I'm not the only one in this community that noticed the comment and thought it was over the edge. Besides, the question was settled by Mr. -catfish- and I think he would know. The kid made that comment after the JC player was injured. It was tasteless at best. Any other time, nobody would care.

I'm curious, is it the comment that bothers you or are you suggesting that there were some cheap shots taken? I was at the game and there were no cheap shots and it appeared to me that the goal of the defense was to take #13 out of the scheme and force JC to pass it to beat them. The play prior to #13 leaving the game was a solid hit, nothing dirty. I almost feel as if you are suggesting that it was dirty because the kid came out and said there goal was key on the RB and take him out. I read that as the intent being to not let him get his yards and make JC find other ways to beat them, take hime out. If you want to read more into than that the people of the community that feel that way should wait until half time and come watch the band then go back home. The game of football is a iolent game and the intent is to hit the other team into submission.