dekalb county VS cannon county scrimmage

backnblack

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know they had a scrimmage. If anyone care, please share the details!

well it wasnt a scrimmage it was JV so no starters were there but cant really know how it will go in the regular game but it got pretty physical out there i heard so i could only imgine what it will be like when the real game comes around

Acutally football fan, my information says there were lots of starters playing. I talked to a parent this afternoon and they stated several 1st string played in that game. They said Tyler Griffin did a good job at QB and the line was pretty tough. They worked Poteete in and out as QB too.

Not sure what CC had but they said it was a very physical and competitive "jv game". Wish I'd seen it.

Acutally football fan, my information says there were lots of starters playing. I talked to a parent this afternoon and they stated several 1st string played in that game. They said Tyler Griffin did a good job at QB and the line was pretty tough. They worked Poteete in and out as QB too.

Not sure what CC had but they said it was a very physical and competitive "jv game". Wish I'd seen it.

it was a very physical JV team i saw some Dirty play from both sides so there is no tellin what the Regular Game is going to be like, but i know we will be fired up but we have to get past station camp first before we start thinking about cannon county. also poteete looked good yesterday so did Griffin so maybe thay could work there way into the rotation who knows, but DeKalb did win but if forgot the score

the only starter that played is a freshman though

yea i saw that game and tha freshman that started only played 1 or 2 series at reciever and no d but i think jv games are great learning exsperinces 4 the young guys that dont get 2 play alot 2 get things worked out and just get tha feel of bein on the field...but as every 1 knows its not tha real thing and i saw sum good young talent 4 dekalb especially on the o side of the ball

yea there were a few guys that palyed that roll into the rotation 4 a few plays durin the game 2 give sum of the starters a break

but from wat i saw there was no guy on that dekalb county side line that didnt get in and play atleast a series so every 1 got a chance 2 play

but from wat i saw there was no guy on that dekalb county side line that didnt get in and play atleast a series so every 1 got a chance 2 play

That was the worst display of hosting (if that's what you wanna call it) I have ever seen. I know, it's just a JV game, but could we at LEAST get some refs? Also, the cannon co. freshmen squad didn't have anywhere to dress. How dang ridiculous can it get? They had to change, right there on the field. Also, I'm not usually one to call anybody cheaters, but how many yards you gonna let the ball roll backwards until you call it a spot? That question is for the Dekalb coaches. Oh yeah, GREAT job on calling a fair game too. I give it to you for calling your own fall starts, but when one of your playes throws a football into the head of the opposing team, isn't that fifteen yards AND ejection? I don't know. If you call it a win, Dekalb had one more TD than CC. Funny though, no clock and as soon as you score the last TD you yell at your boys, "Line em up and shake!" Pathetic.

That was the worst display of hosting (if that's what you wanna call it) I have ever seen. I know, it's just a JV game, but could we at LEAST get some refs? Also, the cannon co. freshmen squad didn't have anywhere to dress. How dang ridiculous can it get? They had to change, right there on the field. Also, I'm not usually one to call anybody cheaters, but how many yards you gonna let the ball roll backwards until you call it a spot? That question is for the Dekalb coaches. Oh yeah, GREAT job on calling a fair game too. I give it to you for calling your own fall starts, but when one of your playes throws a football into the head of the opposing team, isn't that fifteen yards AND ejection? I don't know. If you call it a win, Dekalb had one more TD than CC. Funny though, no clock and as soon as you score the last TD you yell at your boys, "Line em up and shake!" Pathetic.

The boys should have been given a place to change I agree. As far as officiating I didn't pay that much attention to that because I didn't have a child playing, but it is rare for refs to be at a scrimmage or for the clock and scoreboard to be used.