Athletes of the Week & Dandy Dozen (9-8-06)

kwc

As per the Commercial Appeal's 'Perp Insider' section of the Tuesday, September 12 publication.

OFFENSE

Deangelo Thomas, Mitchell Highschool, QB, Slo Receiver, & Kick Returner:

A 6'-0", 185 lb senior, Thomas' 91-yard kickoff return in the 4th quarter sealed Carver's fate in Mitchell's 28-20 victory over the Cobra's last Friday (9-8-06). In all, Thomas accounted for 243 yards and two TD's, including three receptions for 70 yards and three punt returns for 49 yards.

DEFENSE

Antonio Harper, Melrose, Linebacker:

Harper, a 6'-3" 200 lb junior, totaled four tackles, 1.5 of them for minus 12 yards, in Melrose's 6-0 road win over Christian Brothers last Friday (9-8-06). His QB sack in the closing seconds of the first half helped the Golden Wildcats push CBHS out of scoring range after the Purple Wave had moved to the Melrose 23-yard line.

Kudo's to Deangelo and Antonio for their respective performances. I will try to remember to post this each week throughout the season.

The Commercial Appeals 'The Football Dandy Dozen' as of 09-12-06.

1.) Melrose ... 3-1 ... last week ... 2 ... region & classification ... 8-4A

2.) Ridgeway ... 4-0 ... last week ... 3 ... region & classification ... 7-5A

3.) ECS ... 4-0 ... last week ... 10 ... region & classification ... DII-2A

4.) Germantown ... 2-1 ... last week ... 4 ... region & classification ... 8-5A

5.) Olive Branch ... 2-0 ... last week ... 5 ... region & classification ... 1-5A (MS)

6.) Covington ... 3-0 ... last week ... 6 ... region & classification ... 7-3A

7.) Wooddale ... 4-0 ... last week ... 9 ... region & classification ... 8-5A

8.) MUS ... 2-2 ... last week ... 1 ... region & classification ... DII-3A

9.) CBHS ... 2-2 ... last week ... 7 ... region & classification ... DII-3A

10.) West Memphis ... 1-1 ... last week ... 11 ... region & classification ... (ARK)

11.) White Station ... 3-0 ... last week ... 12 ... region & classification ... 8-5A

12.) Houston ... 3-0 ... last week ... NR ... region & classification ... 8-5A

It should be noted that the CA does not list region and classification when they do their list, I just added it for the Coacht readers who may read this and are not familiar with some of the teams listed.

As per the Commercial Appeal's 'Perp Insider' section of the Tuesday, September 12 publication.

Kudo's to Deangelo and Antonio for their respective performances. I will try to remember to post this each week throughout the season.

Commercial Appeal Germantown/Collierville Edition

OFFENSE

GRANT JESSEN ST. GEORGE'S RUNNING BACK 6-0 190-POUND JUNIOR

Jessen rushed for 149 yards on 17 carries with three touchdown runs and passed fo a touchdown in the Gryphon's 35-34 double-overtime win over St. Benedict.

DEFENSE

TRIPP MCCRARY BRIARCREST LINEBACKER 6-0 195 POUND SENIOR

McCrary had seven solo tackles, two for a loss, and two more assisted tackles in the Saints 20-0 homecoming win over Treadwell