Where are they now?

VikingVoice

I can't remember the name of Maryville's quarterback from their title winning 2004 team. All I remember, aside from the flawless game he and his teammates played against Tennessee High in the semis, was that he had verbally committed to NC State, then signed with Spurier and South Carolina. What is his name and how is he doing?

Also, Morristown West had an incredible defensive lineman on their 2003 team. I believe he either went to a juco or a prep school for a year and then on to Alabama. What was his name and how is he doing? That kid was one of the most jaw dropping awesome high school football players I have ever seen in person.

Just curious, I would like to know how these kids are doing. I hope they don't come back to haunt the Big Orange, especially since Tennessee missed out on them.

I can't remember the name of Maryville's quarterback from their title winning 2004 team. All I remember, aside from the flawless game he and his teammates played against Tennessee High in the semis, was that he had verbally committed to NC State, then signed with Spurier and South Carolina. What is his name and how is he doing?

Cade Thompson, although I thought he had committed to UNC, not NCSU. As for the present, I believe he is third string, as two QBs have played for South Carolina thus far (I think). South Carolina's starter (Blake Mitchell) was recently arrested and now is suspended, so Thompson should be moving up as we speak.

A Maryville fan could probably confirm or deny all of the above.

Edited by rollredroll

Also, Morristown West had an incredible defensive lineman on their 2003 team. I believe he either went to a juco or a prep school for a year and then on to Alabama. What was his name and how is he doing? That kid was one of the most jaw dropping awesome high school football players I have ever seen in person.

That would be Brandon Fanney if I am not mistaken n he is a part of the Tide.

Just curious, I would like to know how these kids are doing. I hope they don't come back to haunt the Big Orange, especially since Tennessee missed out on them.

Just so you know there is a forum for these type questions called "Where rea they now". Please try to use that next time.

Thanks VG.