Will St. Agnes win state?

utfan01

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very impressed that St. Agnes has not given up a goal all year. I don't care who you have played in a season, but to not allow a goal shows some pride. I don't want to jinx them, but who will be the first team, if any, to score on them? I also wonder how they will react if they give up a goal.

That is quite impressive. Even playing weak teams, sometimes a goal gets snuck in, when the subs are in, or your "guard" is down. Congrats! I hope St. A can continue the whole season doing this. That would be quite the accomplishment!

I am very impressed that St. Agnes has not given up a goal all year. I don't care who you have played in a season, but to not allow a goal shows some pride. I don't want to jinx them, but who will be the first team, if any, to score on them? I also wonder how they will react if they give up a goal.

I have no "dog in this hunt" either, but a goal scored against St. Agnes will not bother them between now and the end of the regular season. They have GREAT players and all are good kids as well. I've watched them play many, many times and they will react when the pressure is on them. They just don't do well with pressure. ( one loss and you're out) They've had one of the very best teams in the state for the past four years and cannot seem to get the job done when it comes to playing in Chattanooga. Pound the big forward and she'll quit. However, they have more weapons that her. The other forward ( Ryan) is very quick and very good. Their defense is outstanding. It will be good to watch them in Chattanooga.

I have no "dog in this hunt" either, but a goal scored against St. Agnes will not bother them between now and the end of the regular season. They have GREAT players and all are good kids as well. I've watched them play many, many times and they will react when the pressure is on them. They just don't do well with pressure. ( one loss and you're out) They've had one of the very best teams in the state for the past four years and cannot seem to get the job done when it comes to playing in Chattanooga. Pound the big forward and she'll quit. However, they have more weapons that her. The other forward ( Ryan) is very quick and very good. Their defense is outstanding. It will be good to watch them in Chattanooga.

I am sure you have seen SAA many, many times and appreciate the kind words toward the team, but don't think you have seen them much this year. The "big" forward scored 49 goals last year (more that most teams) and is constantly getting pounded because every team puts a huge target on her back. Ryan was not there last year and the "big" forwards sister was injured much of the year. This year they are trying to stay healthly, but still have been short starters in several games. If you follow the scoring results in the local paper you will see that the scoring is spread across several players. The team has tremendous depth and yes the defense is outstanding, but it helps that the mid puts up a strong wall before the defense has to get in the game. And.... of course there's two outstanding keepers. And....the bench. That goes without saying, because they would have been scored on when the starters were taking a break if they were not so deep. So, bring on the pressure and let's see if they if have what it takes.

I am sure you have seen SAA many, many times and appreciate the kind words toward the team, but don't think you have seen them much this year. The "big" forward scored 49 goals last year (more that most teams) and is constantly getting pounded because every team puts a huge target on her back. Ryan was not there last year and the "big" forwards sister was injured much of the year. This year they are trying to stay healthly, but still have been short starters in several games. If you follow the scoring results in the local paper you will see that the scoring is spread across several players. The team has tremendous depth and yes the defense is outstanding, but it helps that the mid puts up a strong wall before the defense has to get in the game. And.... of course there's two outstanding keepers. And....the bench. That goes without saying, because they would have been scored on when the starters were taking a break if they were not so deep. So, bring on the pressure and let's see if they if have what it takes.

[/quote

You're right, the small forward didn't play last year. But there was a reason. And everyone familiar with the team knows why she went to Florida to play. The team chemistry wasn't right then and still isn't. You can have all the talent in the world ( which SAA has, no one would ever deny that) and if your coach can't bring it together, it just doesn't matter. The big forward is sitting out more this year than any other year she has played. The 49 goals last year don't mean anything when you see who she scored most of them against and the minutes she played to get them.

I love the players at SAA. GREAT kids. They have a very good team. Still won't win the state title. Wish they would.

:ph34r:

soccerdad2??? What happed to you???? You keep daying the kids are great and how much you love St. agnes and all that good stuff and even issued the following post:

"However, there is one team that is clearly better than most in the state and that's St. Agnes. They are just VERY STRONG. Virtually no weaknesses. Quality players and very good bench. This should prove to be a very wide open year in Division One. But Division 2 is over. Send the trophy to St. Agnes and same travel expense."

NOW you say no way!!!! Sounds like you have inside info. Are you just wanting us to keep us thinking it's not over. Since you NOW say it will never happen, who are you betting on?

• 1 month later...