GP vs Greenback

charger81

Will GP bounce back from mediocre showing against Happy Valley or is HV that good?

GP will handle a winless Greenback team. Greenback has not been the same since Coach Satterfield left. They were very good team under Satterfield.

Happy Valley is alot better team than their record indicates. Their QB has the most accurate arm on long balls of any QB that GP has faced so far. What hurt GP the most against HV is injuries in their secondary. Hutchinson did not play at FS because of a lingering ankle injury although he played QB. A GP corner hurt his knee in the first quarter returning a punt and had a very visible limp, but continued to play with the injury which slowed him down. Hopefully GP will be back to strength against Greenback. I also heard today that a pass caught by a GP WR was a TD and that the film clearly shows him coming down in bounds in the endzone with the pass, but was ruled out by a ref that was out of position to make the call. I believe that play was in the fourth quarter and would have given GP a little more breathing room. Oh well, all teams must overcome adversity and HV furnished more than most thought would occur. GP was flat after a big blow out win over a county rival. I hear Greenback likes to throw it around and that always makes for some good entertainment one way or another. That failed onsides kick by GP late in the fourth hurt them and probably would not be done again if it could be done over. It is shaping up as a very good year for GP.

GP will handle a winless Greenback team. Greenback has not been the same since Coach Satterfield left. They were very good team under Satterfield.

Happy Valley is alot better team than their record indicates. Their QB has the most accurate arm on long balls of any QB that GP has faced so far. What hurt GP the most against HV is injuries in their secondary. Hutchinson did not play at FS because of a lingering ankle injury although he played QB. A GP corner hurt his knee in the first quarter returning a punt and had a very visible limp, but continued to play with the injury which slowed him down. Hopefully GP will be back to strength against Greenback. I also heard today that a pass caught by a GP WR was a TD and that the film clearly shows him coming down in bounds in the endzone with the pass, but was ruled out by a ref that was out of position to make the call. I believe that play was in the fourth quarter and would have given GP a little more breathing room. Oh well, all teams must overcome adversity and HV furnished more than most thought would occur. GP was flat after a big blow out win over a county rival. I hear Greenback likes to throw it around and that always makes for some good entertainment one way or another. That failed onsides kick by GP late in the fourth hurt them and probably would not be done again if it could be done over. It is shaping up as a very good year for GP.

How bout Hutchinson? Is he 100% yet? :thumb: Looked like he moved pretty good at QB?

What abount the CB, will he be ready to go?

How bout Hutchinson? Is he 100% yet? :ph34r: Looked like he moved pretty good at QB?

What abount the CB, will he be ready to go?

It is appears Hutch will be ready to go , but the CB hyper-extended his knee and it was very swollen over the weekend , but now the swelling has almost subsided. He is practicing in a knee brace and will most likely play Friday barring further injury. Whether he will be at full speed remains somewhat doubtful, but the kid is extremerly gutsy. He will manage for sure. Without looking too far ahead, it appears that GP's showdown at South Greene on Oct. 6 is looming larger and larger. Both of South Greenes losses have been to upper division schools, D.Boone & Rutledge, which are two pretty good football teams. South Greene will most likely be unbeaten in Reg.1-2A when GP comes calling. It will take a complete effort by GP to beat SG on its home field. The game will most likely be for the region champs. Oh well, thats down the road a piece, so lets enjoy what is at hand. Regards. :thumb:

It is appears Hutch will be ready to go , but the CB hyper-extended his knee and it was very swollen over the weekend , but now the swelling has almost subsided. He is practicing in a knee brace and will most likely play Friday barring further injury. Whether he will be at full speed remains somewhat doubtful, but the kid is extremerly gutsy. He will manage for sure. Without looking too far ahead, it appears that GP's showdown at South Greene on Oct. 6 is looming larger and larger. Both of South Greenes losses have been to upper division schools, D.Boone & Rutledge, which are two pretty good football teams. South Greene will most likely be unbeaten in Reg.1-2A when GP comes calling. It will take a complete effort by GP to beat SG on its home field. The game will most likely be for the region champs. Oh well, thats down the road a piece, so lets enjoy what is at hand. Regards. :thumb:

It now appears that GP's CB will not be able to play as he is still limping badly from his knee injury last Friday night. Eric Hutchinson will slide over into the CB position from FS and Taylor Ogle will play the FS. Heres hoping that neither team suffers any injury. Go GP!! MAKE IT 5 IN A ROW.

It now appears that GP's CB will not be able to play as he is still limping badly from his knee injury last Friday night. Eric Hutchinson will slide over into the CB position from FS and Taylor Ogle will play the FS. Heres hoping that neither team suffers any injury. Go GP!! MAKE IT 5 IN A ROW.

About the only good thing that came out of last nights game was that GP won and that Benny played about every body on the sideline. GP lost QB Eric Hutchinson in the first quarter last night. Since he also starts in the secondary that created a double loss. He went to KOC after the game and it appears that he has a 2nd degree ankle sprain and some ligament damage. Eric said the Docs told him if he rehabbed every opportunity he had that it might be possible to return for the Oct.6 region battle at South Greene. This is at least something to hope for and last night when it happened things looked very dire.

Our secondary suffered greatly with Eric and Chase Young both out and everyone is hoping that Young will be back against North Greene this week. His knee injury was worse than first thought but maybe he is on the mend . We played some inexperienced youngsters last night in the secondary and we paid for it , but now these young men have some experience and a game under their belts.

Taylor Ogle again replaced Hutchinson at QB and he did a pretty good job of handling the situation. He threw two picks on short pass plays that were near the line of scrimmage. I hope that the coaches will design more pass plays for him down the field and sidelines where the traffic will not be as congested. Taylor throws a decent long ball and with work this week at QB I am sure he will do just fine. What we need is to get Young back this week to work at his WR position so that the opponent will not load up on Franklin at the other WR position, and get Young back in the secondary. The season is half way over and GP is 5-0. Time flys when your having fun.

The running game was spectacular last night and all the boys had good runs, especially Dodgen and Dyer. The score was not as close as it appeared as Greenback scored a couple of TD's late in the fourth primarily against 2nd and 3rd team players. But hey, they got some meaningful experience and that will pay dividends for Benny on down the line. I admire Coach Hammonds for playing these younger players and not worrying so much about the score. We will build more quality depth and good team spirit. Regards.