Willamson county Teams

DicksonCounty001

I'm telling you what if I have to hear about Franklin or Indy or how Brentwood won a Close one over Ravenwood. Don"t get me Wrong this are all very good football teams and being from Dickson we still have to play most of them and they will all be hard games. But the media is all about them and there wins everyweek.

lets look at week 4. We all are heading home from our games and get in our cars and trucks and turn on the radio. Its 10PM and the late night highschool show comes on and the 5 min in to it. It's All about Brentwood thats cool they did win a big game. But then after 7-8 min of the show paying bills its time to talk to Brentwoods coach for 7 -8 min. Then its time to pay some more bills now its 10:35 and the guru Murphy comes on the show and what does the host ask him, whats your thoughts on the Brentwood game. Now lets pay some more bills.its 10:52 and I'm all most back to Dickson from our game and they come on air give us the scores from the rest of the games and go right in to Franklin And Indy's Game (Nice win Indy)!!

So from 10:00-10:59 40% Willamson county teams 20% the rest of the state and 40% paying the bills. Don't even get me started on the news papers. Im a rights right and wronge is wronge guy and last week was wrong. if you live out side of Willamson county let the media hear about it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you what if I have to hear about Franklin or Indy or how Brentwood won a Close one over Ravenwood. Don"t get me Wrong this are all very good football teams and being from Dickson we still have to play most of them and they will all be hard games. But the media is all about them and there wins everyweek.

lets look at week 4. We all are heading home from our games and get in our cars and trucks and turn on the radio. Its 10PM and the late night highschool show comes on and the 5 min in to it. It's All about Brentwood thats cool they did win a big game. But then after 7-8 min of the show paying bills its time to talk to Brentwoods coach for 7 -8 min. Then its time to pay some more bills now its 10:35 and the guru Murphy comes on the show and what does the host ask him, whats your thoughts on the Brentwood game. Now lets pay some more bills.its 10:52 and I'm all most back to Dickson from our game and they come on air give us the scores from the rest of the games and go right in to Franklin And Indy's Game (Nice win Indy)!!

So from 10:00-10:59 40% Willamson county teams 20% the rest of the state and 40% paying the bills. Don't even get me started on the news papers. Im a rights right and wronge is wronge guy and last week was wrong. if you live out side of Willamson county let the media hear about it.

The issue is that you just mentioned upwards of 5 or so 5A high schools. In terms of demographics ... they hit the base of more population by talking about Williamson Co teams vs. Dickson Co. lone 5A school.

Although, I agree ... I would like to here some more variety too. :thumb:

I know what you mean... I think the best thing is for dickson to run the tables on all the williamson county teams, and i hope they do. I personally am getting about sick of this whole "just cause we live in williamson county and we are rich we r better then everybody else" I hope dickson stomps every single team in williamson. That will give the media something to report.

GO LEVI DAVIS #50 LB

The issue is that you just mentioned upwards of 5 or so 5A high schools. In terms of demographics ... they hit the base of more population by talking about Williamson Co teams vs. Dickson Co. lone 5A school.

Although, I agree ... I would like to here some more variety too. :rolleyes:

Hey thank you I know that the 4 schools have a large fan base. But on any given Friday night Dickson brings the fans Home and Away. But its not just for Dickson that

made me make this post. Its for all the other teams out there to that don't live on the rich side of the tracks. We want every school to be heared from and its the Media job to do this. I love high school football as a whole. Im at a game every friday night all the way up to the state game. From Hunnington to Camden, Dickson, Fairview and Waverly any where the Bands are playing and teams are fighting for the win. Im a true ORANGE and BLUE COUGAR fan but most of all im a fan of friday night lights in TN!!!!!! :thumb:

I play for indy and i also thinks dc diserves some attention from the media they are undefeated to and should not be over looked by anyone. I think the only reason they talked about us on the radio is because we beat franklin a huge upset. I can't wait to play you guys i know yall have excelent fans it should make for a very exciting game down at indy. Congradulations on your great season and we will see you soon good luck against riverdale i hope yall beat the brakes off of them!!

I play for indy and i also thinks dc diserves some attention from the media they are undefeated to and should not be over looked by anyone. I think the only reason they talked about us on the radio is because we beat franklin a huge upset. I can't wait to play you guys i know yall have excelent fans it should make for a very exciting game down at indy. Congradulations on your great season and we will see you soon good luck against riverdale i hope yall beat the brakes off of them!!

Thanks man you guys are rocking and rolling. What a QB look up his stats in the paper WOW. Cant wait to come and see you guys first hand should be the best 5A game. I remember your 9 grade team from 2 years ago you where good then and you should be great now see you in your house.

being a student in williamson county, and having lived here my intire life (17 yrs.)

id like to say this to you, the radio station you were probably listening was based and/or has strong ties to brentwood. might i remind brentwood is one of the wealthest cities in america as is williamson county is the 11th or 12th wealthest in the nation. i personally dont come from alot of money. just cause someone lives in williamson county doesnt mean they have money, there are some parts of the county that dont even recieve fresh water!

now back to the subject at hand...having worked for local media, its all about demographics, and where there listeners/views/readers come from, the media puts alot of money and effort in "targeting audiences" they take annual surveys on all sorts of topics throught their veiwing areas, to see what the people want, and thats what they give 'em. when dickson can start producing state champs. and extremly strong and talented teams, im talking more than one team...cause right now you got Dickson County High School, as where in williamson county you've got Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independance, and Franklin....6 schools to 1

you do the math

being a student in williamson county, and having lived here my intire life (17 yrs.)

id like to say this to you, the radio station you were probably listening was based and/or has strong ties to brentwood. might i remind brentwood is one of the wealthest cities in america as is williamson county is the 11th or 12th wealthest in the nation. i personally dont come from alot of money. just cause someone lives in williamson county doesnt mean they have money, there are some parts of the county that dont even recieve fresh water!

now back to the subject at hand...having worked for local media, its all about demographics, and where there listeners/views/readers come from, the media puts alot of money and effort in "targeting audiences" they take annual surveys on all sorts of topics throught their veiwing areas, to see what the people want, and thats what they give 'em. when dickson can start producing state champs. and extremly strong and talented teams, im talking more than one team...cause right now you got Dickson County High School, as where in williamson county you've got Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independance, and Franklin....6 schools to 1

you do the math

Dont forget about creekwood. your math isnt quite right!

you do the math

Easy c c chs dc is only trying to get their boys the repect they deserve from the media. Don't forget they are undefeated and they did beat that wealthy team from brentwood all they are trying to do is get their guys noticed no harm in that good luck dc once again beat the brakes off the loud mouth warriors.

Dont forget about creekwood. your math isnt quite right!

oh excuse me, ive never heard of creekwood must not be that good

again 6 schools to 2 schools....

either way, williamson county will continue to get lots of media coverage, because thats were the people are. if you dont like it, dont listen to your radio/TV/ or read your paper...thats life get over it

you do the math

Im sure your right about the media but it's still wrong. I just saying how i feel. ALSO LOOK AT POST #4 AND YOU'LL GET WHAT IM SAYING IF NOT YOUR NOT A TRUE FAN OF THE GAME SORRY. And as far as the money thing 11th rich in the country I had to play the %'s sorry i meant no harm.