Willamson county Teams

DicksonCounty001

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you what if I have to hear about Franklin or Indy or how Brentwood won a Close one over Ravenwood. Don"t get me Wrong this are all very good football teams and being from Dickson we still have to play most of them and they will all be hard games. But the media is all about them and there wins everyweek.

lets look at week 4. We all are heading home from our games and get in our cars and trucks and turn on the radio. Its 10PM and the late night highschool show comes on and the 5 min in to it. It's All about Brentwood thats cool they did win a big game. But then after 7-8 min of the show paying bills its time to talk to Brentwoods coach for 7 -8 min. Then its time to pay some more bills now its 10:35 and the guru Murphy comes on the show and what does the host ask him, whats your thoughts on the Brentwood game. Now lets pay some more bills.its 10:52 and I'm all most back to Dickson from our game and they come on air give us the scores from the rest of the games and go right in to Franklin And Indy's Game (Nice win Indy)!!

So from 10:00-10:59 40% Willamson county teams 20% the rest of the state and 40% paying the bills. Don't even get me started on the news papers. Im a rights right and wronge is wronge guy and last week was wrong. if you live out side of Willamson county let the media hear about it.

I'm guessing that when you said you turn on your radio and hear all about Williamson Co. teams, you are referring to AM 950. If you are then I have an explanation for that, I have lived in Williamson Co. all of my life. AM 950 started broadcasting Franklin games before B-wood even existed and is stationed in Williamson Co. So, as more schools came to the county, they began to cover other games like Ravenwood v. Brentwood, but always stay within the county. They do this because it is a tradition.. for a long time, they only broadcasted Franklin games.

Hey thank you I know that the 4 schools have a large fan base. But on any given Friday night Dickson brings the fans Home and Away. But its not just for Dickson that

made me make this post. Its for all the other teams out there to that don't live on the rich side of the tracks. We want every school to be heared from and its the Media job to do this. I love high school football as a whole. Im at a game every friday night all the way up to the state game. From Hunnington to Camden, Dickson, Fairview and Waverly any where the Bands are playing and teams are fighting for the win. Im a true ORANGE and BLUE COUGAR fan but most of all im a fan of friday night lights in TN!!!!!! :thumb:

You do know that Fairview is in Williamson Co? :thumb: So.. you support them even if they are from "the rich side of the tracks"? Just because we are the richest co. in the state doesn't mean everyone who lives here is. We love high school football just as much as anyone and can't exactly control what teams the media decides to cover.

I'm telling you what if I have to hear about Franklin or Indy or how Brentwood won a Close one over Ravenwood. Don"t get me Wrong this are all very good football teams and being from Dickson we still have to play most of them and they will all be hard games. But the media is all about them and there wins everyweek.

lets look at week 4. We all are heading home from our games and get in our cars and trucks and turn on the radio. Its 10PM and the late night highschool show comes on and the 5 min in to it. It's All about Brentwood thats cool they did win a big game. But then after 7-8 min of the show paying bills its time to talk to Brentwoods coach for 7 -8 min. Then its time to pay some more bills now its 10:35 and the guru Murphy comes on the show and what does the host ask him, whats your thoughts on the Brentwood game. Now lets pay some more bills.its 10:52 and I'm all most back to Dickson from our game and they come on air give us the scores from the rest of the games and go right in to Franklin And Indy's Game (Nice win Indy)!!

So from 10:00-10:59 40% Willamson county teams 20% the rest of the state and 40% paying the bills. Don't even get me started on the news papers. Im a rights right and wronge is wronge guy and last week was wrong. if you live out side of Willamson county let the media hear about it.

There was a great write up in the paper about Dickson county getting the snot beat out of them. What's wrong with the newspapers coverage of that?

• 2 weeks later...

I definitley wouldn't listen to the radio tonight if I were you! You'll have to hear all about independence if you do!!

Unfortunately you asked for more media coverage at the wrong time, you got spanked by Riverdale, and now there will be plenty of people to hear about you getting spanked by indy!! Be careful what you wish for, in the future just play football and let everyone else worry about telling you how good you are!

I definitley wouldn't listen to the radio tonight if I were you! You'll have to hear all about independence if you do!!

Hey do you even have a dog in the fight tonight in the Dickson and Indy game :thumb: . Or do you just look for things to bash. This is for fans of football not for bashing everyone you dont agree with with cheap shots. If Indy wins then they are the better team and if they win the region and Dicksons out of it I'll Stand by Indy and cherr them to State just like last year at Ravenwood and Franklin the year befor that I went to their games As you can see my beef was not at the Schools or The teams from Williamson county but with the Midia but not everyone got that so I took my wipping and I move on. But how about this lets let them play the game tonight first and see what happens. Good luck to both teams this will be one of the top 3 games played tonight in the State.:ph34r:

Unfortunately you asked for more media coverage at the wrong time, you got spanked by Riverdale, and now there will be plenty of people to hear about you getting spanked by indy!! Be careful what you wish for, in the future just play football and let everyone else worry about telling you how good you are!

YES SIR Ill do that FORGIVE ME!!! Are you the Football God its so nice to meet you.

• 2 weeks later...