Jeremy Woods Vs. Adam Howard!

volman09

Have not seen this Adam Howard kid but Jeremy Woods is the real deal, Could see him playing as a minimum at the 1aa lvl and possibly at smaller d1 school (marshall etc.)

I agree with you he just seems to have everything a 1aa qb needs, If he was taller and had a little stronger arm i could see him maybe going D1... but i think he is a better qb than Adam Howard in a lot of ways besides Adams throwing ability!

jeremy could move better...but, adam is the better qb, with size, strength, arm strength, and he just looked so dang comfortable back there, not to mention he could boot the ball a country mile, i've never seen some punts like the ones that kid made from a high schooler...too bad he threw a 94 mph fastball and never played football again haha

jeremy could move better...but, adam is the better qb, with size, strength, arm strength, and he just looked so dang comfortable back there, not to mention he could boot the ball a country mile, i've never seen some punts like the ones that kid made from a high schooler...too bad he threw a 94 mph fastball and never played football again haha

haha prove a point but punting has nothing to do with being a qb and he did have a better arm and he did look confortable back there, but have you not sen Woods out there??? he has no worries in the world even though howard had a better arm Jermey can place the ball better, plus he can scramble better than anybody has had at Ooltewah besides Blake Foster but he wasnt full time qb... might be a over statement but i think Jeremy is the best Qb Ooltewah has ever had!

haha prove a point but punting has nothing to do with being a qb and he did have a better arm and he did look confortable back there, but have you not sen Woods out there??? he has no worries in the world even though howard had a better arm Jermey can place the ball better, plus he can scramble better than anybody has had at Ooltewah besides Blake Foster but he wasnt full time qb... might be a over statement but i think Jeremy is the best Qb Ooltewah has ever had!

his punting did have something to do with being a qb...its hard to tell your team what to put on with howard back there punting...if you bring everyone at him to block the punt and they have a fake on, a short slant gets a first down on a pass...then if you dont bring the heat he had plenty of time to get off a boomer, so his punting added to the teams versatility....but i couldn't say howard or woods is the best qb ever at ooltewah, they had some pretty good teams in the early 70s i believe and i never saw the qbs for them then

After seeing EVERY Ooltewah QB over the last 20 years my order is: 1) Stan Nix - only Ooltewah QB to play football in college, ran more than Howard and Woods combined, and had better arm strength than Howard; 3) Adam Howard - holds every Ooltewah passing record, has the most wins in Ooltewah history as a starter and led Ooltewah to its best era ever, and 3) Jeremy Woods - IMO should have been the starter last year, best athlete at QB since Nix (I don't count Foster as a QB, never really started there and when used it was as a gimmick) and has proven so far to be a better leader than his brother. If you don't know who I am or trust my opinion, look for me in the press box. I'm the one with the laptop.

After seeing EVERY Ooltewah QB over the last 20 years my order is: 1) Stan Nix - only Ooltewah QB to play football in college, ran more than Howard and Woods combined, and had better arm strength than Howard; 3) Adam Howard - holds every Ooltewah passing record, has the most wins in Ooltewah history as a starter and led Ooltewah to its best era ever, and 3) Jeremy Woods - IMO should have been the starter last year, best athlete at QB since Nix (I don't count Foster as a QB, never really started there and when used it was as a gimmick) and has proven so far to be a better leader than his brother. If you don't know who I am or trust my opinion, look for me in the press box. I'm the one with the laptop.

Your right about Woods starting last year, i keep asking myself why didnt he start last year ( not putting down Zac or anything but Jeremy is just a better QB and i know for sure they could have used Zacs hitting ability on deffense last year not that they didnt have any hitters but zac can play some D) I was to young to see Mr. Nix play but i have heard from different x-coaches that have seen him play and played with him said that Jeremy is much more Confident and smarter, but this is just what i hear, they could just say this Because he is the current qb at Ooltewah???

What years did Stan Nix play? Who else was on his team? I agree with the other two. There really hasn't been too many good QB's in our history. I know while I played there we always struggled at QB. They were all average.

Nix played 84-85 at the Nest. During the time Ooltewah has back to back UTC coaches sons at QB (Bill Oliver, Jr. was the previous QB, but I didn't see him play since I wasn't involved in the program as a freshman.) This was the last year at AA (84)(3 classes at the time) and the first year at AAA (85). Ooltewah had good talent in 84 led by Phil Rogers (Scrappy Moore Male Athlete of the Year that year), but it all graduated for the 85 season (going against Andy Kelly at Rhea, Coach Monroe at Cleveland, Shazzon Bradley at McMinn and the like didn't help any.)