who are the best sophomore catchers???

Smuff

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildcats33

If nobody had notice Lawence Countys Sophomore they should,he doesn't get to play much but when he does he has to catch one of the hardest pitcher Mike Keneddy.His name is Boone Yorkely,he will be the starting catcher next year an he is a big threat at the plate as well,he has speed on the bases an has a arm like Piazza.Watch out for this kid next year he will have a break out year

Austin Brock at Rutledge is going to be a fine catcher. He won the job over a senior (although the senior didn't have a lot of game experience and quit when he lost the job) and has been very good with the Pioneers' pitching staff. Is getting more patient at the plate and has pop in his bat. Will only get better.

Guest cardsfan

Andrew Scharrer is the best Soph. catcher in TN. He is the leader of the 5th ranked Tigers of Mt.Pleasant.He has already been inducted into the babe Ruth hall of fame. He leads his team in HRS,SLUGGING,Fielding percentage,& RBIS.

Personally i think Alex Watson of Riverdale High School is above average at his position as a sophmore. I have seen him play only a couple of times, but i have only seen him do good. He has an active arm and is good defensively and mechanically. Alex is also a switch hitter and can put the ball in play. However, he only has one homerun this season.

• 2 months later...
Guest hoser777

the best sophmore catcher in the state is chris kirkland from south-doyle. he throws a legit 1.97 to second and has been clocked at 87 off the radar gun. he has great hitting ability and lots of power. he's a player to watch in the future. Scott dean from farragut is also a great catcher but hasn't played much because of michael mckenry at farragut

• 3 weeks later...

alex watson is a good catcher, however u have to remember he is the reason that they were put out of the 2001 state tournament , because he couldn't block a ball allowing chris camp from lavergne to score the games only run putting riverdale out of the tournament. teach him how to block and then u have a decent catcher on ur hands!

Hoser is right about Kirkland......he has all the tools, hitting, glove, arm.....if there is a little rub on Chris it would be he is a bit slow-a-foot, but when you rip in the gaps like he does.....so what if he dosen't lead the team in triples. Scott Dean at Farragut is a quality receiver....but he does play behind McKenry and that is a tough hill to climb.

Well i see that you are not going to tell who you are. But the reason that I am asking is becasue I think that Andrew Scharrer is a good catcher. And he has thrown many of runners out. So who ever you are talking about that doesnt throw out many runners must not be him. Becasue I know that he can and I have seen him do it too.