who are the best sophomore catchers???

Smuff

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both were Sophs in 2002, now Juniors. Chris Rezabek from Bolton HS has good physical size (6'3" 195 lbs) with a strong accurate arm and solid defensive skills. Recorded Pop Times from 1.93-1.98 and Caught Stealing ratio of >75%. Good stick with .375 avg, 5 HR and 40+ RBI. Was one of only four sophs selected to TBCA Worth Showcase Region 7/8 Team. Playing fall baseball with premiere Dulins Dodgers Varsity Select team, as well as next two summer seasons. The other top prospect is Edward Easley from Olive Branch (MS) HS. Solid bat with good defensive skills. Played last two summers with the Dulins Dodgers program, winning the AAU 17-Under Championship this past summer. Two great kids to watch their further development.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LAfootball40
Posted by smaug:

Are there any soph. catchers in mid tn that are any count?

don't really get into baseball that much sorry.........i know it is a great sport in all but i ain't that great at it so i stick to football..........but to your question Livingston has got Cody Sells behind the plate his is great ne where you want to put the guy and he is just a sphomore!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Hall from Harriman has to be one of the top catcher's in Tennessee. He caught every game of varsity as a freshman. He also hit over .400 as a freshman. You can see him play with some of the top teams in Knoxville during the summer. I hear he will probably graduate in the top 5% of his class. This kid has it together.

• 3 weeks later...

Dillon Heath (6'1"- 180 lbs.) - Davidson Academy

He had a torn ACL I believe last year as a freshman. So he did not play as a Freshman. He's a big strong kid and an excellent athlete. He can mash the ball. Plays on the premier 16 year old (2003) summer league team in Tennessee. Twitty City Canes.

Franklin High School has a kid that can play anywhere on the field, but when he's catching no body steals on this kid. He's got a very good arm. They may steal on the pitcher, but not on this kid. Calob Joseph (6'2"- 165 lbs.). No one loves the game more.

Steven Watson - Oakland High School

This kid has a quick release and if the pitcher gets him the ball he's very accurate with the throw to second. Steven's strong and he can hit with power. This kid out works everybody.

Steven Langston - Overton High School . Steven is a fine catcher but he'll probably play middle infield as a sophomore. He's a true switch hitter. He's been a switch hitter from when we was 7 or 8 years old and can hit either way with consistency. This kid can play.

• 2 weeks later...

One catcher that should be mentioned would have to be Jay Moreland. He has a very good work ethic and plays hard. Jay started as a freashman for the Goodpasture Cougars, and was the catcher for the Tennessee Athletics during summer ball, in which the Athletics won the National Basell Congress World Series for 16U. He is also a very good contact hitter, and will improve his skills over the course of his next three years.