Smyrna @ Seigel

Live4FridayNite615

This one will be better then expected. If there is one team Watson can coach against better then any other its Smyrna. Hopefully Corven will be healthy and we will be able to pound the rock right at them. I dont fear the Bulldog defense that let Blackman hang a high number of points on them. I like our odds in this one. Our good D vs there TERRIBLE D. LETS GOOOOOOOOO STARS. Ill be there for 4 quarters.

Wo WO Wo partner..how can you talk about anyones D being horrible considering that ya'll have yet to win a game ALL YEAR.. Smyrna is (5-1).. try winning a game before we here anymore crap talking..

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

But don't you think every team should go into a season thinking it's their year?

That's alot better than going into a season thinking you're gonna lose every game or lose at all for that matter.

no .. because they never live up to it so they look dumb

Wo WO Wo partner..how can you talk about anyones D being horrible considering that ya'll have yet to win a game ALL YEAR.. Smyrna is (5-1).. try winning a game before we here anymore crap talking..

i don't see how that is trash talking...it's obvious that siegel's defense is good just looking at the number of points scored against us. and when blackman scores 30+ on you...that's not a good sign. Independence didn't even score 30 on us

siegel almost beat Smyrna last year.

Siegel's DC has kept them in every game this year.

They are the region "doormat" this year.

Smyrna lost to a team that only won 1 game and was fast becoming a joke in their region. "A one hit wonder."

Harry Gill's son plays for Smyrna.

Harry Gill is the superintendent.

Harry Gill fires Siegel's Defensive coordinator the week his son's team plays Siegel.

Does anyone else see the connection?

Plenty of other coaches have been suspended a game, especially in basketball. So why was only Rick treated this way?

You be the "judge."

Please you must be joking. Do you really think Mr. Gill cares who is coaching Siegel's defense. Come on and wake up in the real world. Apparently Butler step out of line, and as Superintendent of Schools it was up to him to make a decision.

i don't see how that is trash talking...it's obvious that siegel's defense is good just looking at the number of points scored against us. and when blackman scores 30+ on you...that's not a good sign. Independence didn't even score 30 on us

Let's not get too enthused about your "D". If you were really paying attention, the starting lines didn't play from about halfway through the third quarter for IHS and none of the starters saw any action in the fourth. IHS was in cruise mode to keep players healthy for the rest of the season, that is what Coach Smith does. We haven't put up many second half points on anyone except Franklin. When he has a comfortable lead and is totally dominating a team, like he was at Siegel, he pulls the starters and gets reps for the other players.

Let's not get too enthused about your "D". If you were really paying attention, the starting lines didn't play from about halfway through the third quarter for IHS and none of the starters saw any action in the fourth. IHS was in cruise mode to keep players healthy for the rest of the season, that is what Coach Smith does. We haven't put up many second half points on anyone except Franklin. When he has a comfortable lead and is totally dominating a team, like he was at Siegel, he pulls the starters and gets reps for the other players.

i'll admit the first half was complete domination for independence. the 2nd half was a different story. We had the ability to win that game and almost cut it down to a one possession game...eithe rway, you still only scored 29 points, more than enough needed to beat us but that's the most we've given up all year

other than indy, riverdale is the only team to even put more than two td's on the board against us. our Defense is strong, our offense is nonexistant

Please you must be joking. Do you really think Mr. Gill cares who is coaching Siegel's defense. Come on and wake up in the real world. Apparently Butler step out of line, and as Superintendent of Schools it was up to him to make a decision.

Harry Gill has been around a long time.

He knows what a good coach Butler is.

The parents want Butler to be Head.

Nothing like stirring the pot up before your son plays them.

Isn't it the principal's job to "fire" a coach?

Butler is not "employed" by Rutherford County Schools.

As long as they don't fire Watson I think everyone in the region will be happy :thumb:

If they fire Watson, I hope they "hire" Shadowens.

Same difference.

Both abuse talent.

Harry Gill has been around a long time.

He knows what a good coach Butler is.

The parents want Butler to be Head.

Nothing like stirring the pot up before your son plays them.

Isn't it the principal's job to "fire" a coach?

Butler is not "employed" by Rutherford County Schools.

If they fire Watson, I hope they "hire" Shadowens.

Same difference.

Both abuse talent.

"THANK GOD FOR CENTENNIAL!"

I think everybody just hates Smyrna. Smyrna believes they can win every game. I don't see what the problem is with being confident in your own team.

Now all of you anti-Smyrna posters will come on here and reply with:

"That's not why we don't like them. It's because they're too cocky, arrogant, etc......."

I'm just going to stop defending us because I really don't care anymore about what anyone from any other school thinks or says about Smyrna. You either love us or you hate us......... but mostly you hate us. That's fine with me because everytime we win will be THAT much sweeter.

I think everybody just hates Smyrna. Smyrna believes they can win every game. I don't see what the problem is with being confident in your own team.

Now all of you anti-Smyrna posters will come on here and reply with:

"That's not why we don't like them. It's because they're too cocky, arrogant, etc......."

I'm just going to stop defending us because I really don't care anymore about what anyone from any other school thinks or says about Smyrna. You either love us or you hate us......... but mostly you hate us. That's fine with me because everytime we win will be THAT much sweeter.

i don't hate smyrna at all. they are given a bad image on the T because lots of smyrna posters give them that image